Wavetrac diff

Advice and comments please.

Does anyone have experience of running a Wavetrac in a Porsche transaxle flipped and reversed for mid-engined format? Anything special to note?

Thanks
John McL.

Wavetrac uses same principal as torsen, tru-trac etc, but with additional preload plates that allow some adjustment of preload. As long as you have simply flipped the transaxle without swapping the Crownwheel/Ring Gear to the other side it will function as it did in the previous application. The Ring Gear/Crownwheel carrier has to be removed/dismantled to change the preload settings should you decide to do so in the future.

Scott, have you had good success with these so far? We had a couple fail in the 350Z version. This is probably something unique to this differential and not an issue across the board, but I was curious what your thoughts were on it for the Audi gearboxes.

Thanks

Erik

Scott, have you had good success with these so far? We had a couple fail in the 350Z version. This is probably something unique to this differential and not an issue across the board, but I was curious what your thoughts were on it for the Audi gearboxes.

Thanks

Erik

I've had no issues with any of the 01E Wavetrac's I've sold or installed.

i use a Wavetrac in my 01E custom gearbox, and i like it.

Wavetrac front diff, welded center (Torsen) diff, and locked rear; its a Quattro drag car.

i got the custom dog engagement straight cut gearset from Scott @ Advanced, and i love it!

and FWIW, this car runs low 9 seconds and 167 mph traps. recent dyno with tires spinning on the rollers, it put down 847 AWHP and 611 ft/lb with peak boost at 47.42 psi. its a 4 cyl and i drive it like a rental when i get to race!

Back