weber carbs

K

keith k

Hi everyone.
i'm currently running a Holley on my 302 motor. i really fancy a weber set-up for that period look, but have been told they do not cope with urban road traffic i.e stop-go and jams! is this so or is it about regular tuning? the car is not a daily driver but i do like taking it into town from time to time.
appreciate learning of your experiences null

A properly tuned set of Webers should not give you trouble. Tuning them is not hard if you know what you're doing. I know you're reading between the lines here.

Poorly tuned Webers can give you lots of grief and unless you know or know someone who knows how to tune them it could be tricky to get it to run like a simple Holley set-up.

I prefer the 8 stack look also.

Hope this helps.

keith,
webers,....there's nothing like webers..there's nothing that sounds like webers or looks like webers..Even the linkage is cool.
Only thing, you need to find some old timer thats been around them for thirty or forty years, and can really tune them.I have a guy Enzo, he's great,takes him 2 hour he adjusts, balancers, tunes an gets them tuned to the point that he's can even tell by the smell when they're perfect.. Those type of guys are hard to fine but when you do find him,thats when you get webers.........and you will never look back again...

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Kieth,

I agree with Mark in that webbers are great on song and that they not difficult to keep that way.

The real trick is keeping the air balanced and this is done with either manomiters as the guys with multi-cylinder Jap bikes do or with a single meter and lots of comparing one intake to another.

I think that the best thing about the webbers is that LOOK. This is the reason I went with the injection set-up we use at Roaring Forties but my monocoque will have webbers.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert
Your dead on..The look and sound of them ....incredable...
Imagine for a moment...A forty degree day ,A little chilly,,,, give your engine two pumps,,, hit the key an watch these carbs fire one cylinder at a time, a slight puff of smoke puffs from each velocity stack..she warms up, then crack the thottle a couple times,,,tell me that does't look and sound great.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Webers...ah,yes...the Weber kit for my 302 came yesterday. What I got may be of interest to other GT40 enthusiasts. This is a 3x2 36DCNV setup, which I got from Pierce Manifolds in CA. This may be one of the first ones they've sold. It is not an individual runner system like the 48IDA 4x2 system that we think of as "GT40 Webers". It costs less ($1800 or so versus $3000 or so) and it will, I think, run better on the street. A photo of it is on Pierce's web site- it is called K9123.
I hope to have the engine running on the dyno in late April or early May. I will post some results and some pictures, assuming I can figure out how to post photos, which has baffled better intellects than mine...
Meanwhile, the Weber rig is sitting on top of one of my stereo speakers. It doesn't sound any different, but my stereo gets great gas mileage....
grin.gif

F

FMS

The Webber set-up is the way to go. Tuning is not difficult provided you have the proper intake manifold. A dirrect port manifold ( 1 barrel per cylinder) is the only way to go, tuning becomes more difficult when the carbs share a common manifold. It can make it harder to get right when you tune the idle circuit to transition into the primary circuit.

If Webbers are a bit rich for your blood, I can recommend Dellortos. I use a set of 4x2 45Dellortos. About 70% the price of webbers, look and sound similar. Have had no problems keeping them in tune.

Back