Were are then new builds

Yeah, Southern, GT ,enjoyed every minute of the build ,spent lots of time re-creating difficult to find parts ,ensuring a quality build that closely represents the mark was the brief and I think we just about managed to do that
Your build is without doubt one of the best out there , you and Sam have done an epic job. I’ll be avoiding parking mine next to yours at Le Mans next year as you’ll show me up…

I'm building a Roaring Forties, but I haven't posted a build log here.
It's just easier to post it on Facebook. Click photo, upload post and done.
I barely have enough time to work on the car, without mucking around with a third party image host and posting links, etc. Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough.
Here's a link to my build, if any one is interested.

I do find it a lot easier to share and upload photos via BookFace. :)
it's just easier on a phone/tablet. The old forum interface and photo sharing method is not that user friendly on a phone.

Would like to see photos of the parts you recreated, as I have been doing the same.
We have made lots of things as there are lots of things that are just not available anymore, the heartwell, latches ,steering wheel, alternator, brackets exhausts, carb pieces many many little things just to try and accent the car not looking for a tool room copy just a nice representation

Your build is without doubt one of the best out there , you and Sam have done an epic job. I’ll be avoiding parking mine next to yours at Le Mans next year as you’ll show me up…
we are not there yet there yet? Paul can’t wait to meet all you guys it’s been a blast over the last few years and I know Sam speaks very highly of you guys thanks for all the help it’s been great and that’s what it’s about. and no worries we’ll all park together and we’ll all be very proud of what we built I’m sure, sams been busy in there again today, making the bracket for the front pit marker light that looks really nice. He’s done a good job of that as well.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
I'm building a Roaring Forties, but I haven't posted a build log here.
It's just easier to post it on Facebook. Click photo, upload post and done.
I barely have enough time to work on the car, without mucking around with a third party image host and posting links, etc. Maybe I'm just not tech savvy enough.
Here's a link to my build, if any one is interested.
Glad you posted a link, first RF build I have seen, interesting to see the differences from the SGT, Tornado, GTD ect.

I'm lucky enough to have a Holman Moody GT40 build in progress. I'm 12 to 16 months out before the car will be finished. If anyone has any MKA period correct parts, we are always on the hunt.

Attachments

• 20221018_142715.jpg
    20221018_142715.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 20221018_095958.jpg
    20221018_095958.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 20221018_135906.jpg
    20221018_135906.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 20221019_094555.jpg
    20221019_094555.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 20221018_124702.jpg
    20221018_124702.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 20221018_100005.jpg
    20221018_100005.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 236
  • 20221018_124726.jpg
    20221018_124726.jpg
    534.1 KB · Views: 232
My SPF Mark I, ordered last December, arrived at the shop the week before Christmas. Since the shop was closed between the holidays, work has just started. I believe everything necessary to complete the car has been received, so I Am hoping for a completion date around the first of March.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I would consider doing a build log if anyone is interested in seeing another monocoque built.
Please do!
It’s not just for us on the sideline, but for your friends, family and even yourself as you will someday reminisce about your creation and want to take a look back. A friend may show an interest in building a car and you can point him/her to your build log here on GT40s so they may get the feel of what may be ahead.
Admittedly, the creation and maintenance of a build log is sometimes a bit of a challenge, but most find it a healthy one as it also helps you to step back to see the forest amongst the trees. Additionally, the build log is a good source of motivation to keep pushing forward when you may just want to walk away - trust me, it will happen…
Thanks in advance for sharing your build loaded full of struggles and even greater success!

Back