What belhousing pattern does the Ford GT use ?

Which bellhousing pattern does the Ricardo Ford GT box use, and does anyone have a scale diamension drawing of that pattern and crank centreline...

Cheers

Clive

Clive,

I dont have the info you need but I know a man who does, his contact details are in my office and I will send them to you tommorrow, from memory his name is Iain Wight and he works for Ricardo "race development team in the UK, which engine do you plan to marry to ?

Iain

Hi there any body got a cad drawing of a UN1 bell housing and spigot location, so that my friend can make one for his Heron. This is a clssic NZ Fibre glass sports car of which about 10 were built in the late 60s or 70s from memory. They ran numerous engine configs and this one is Rover on Skoda gear box hence the need to change.

Clive may I ask what what was the news on the Ricardo in the RCR?

I'm also going in circles on choosing a transaxle for my RCR40 and it is due for dispatch from Frans to Australia in 4-5 weeks. I will only have approx 393Kw (527HP) and ~700Nm (516 lb/ft) of Torque from a GM 6.0lt V8 (need to use this in Australia for compliance on the road) but do not want to chance it through a Porsche box. ZFQ is a very new and not yet proven. The M7003-GT gearbox is only USD$14,500.

But will it fit an RCR? Then I will need to adapt to the GM motor :confused:

Clive may I ask what what was the news on the Ricardo in the RCR?

I'm also going in circles on choosing a transaxle for my RCR40 and it is due for dispatch from Frans to Australia in 4-5 weeks. I will only have approx 393Kw (527HP) and ~700Nm (516 lb/ft) of Torque from a GM 6.0lt V8 (need to use this in Australia for compliance on the road) but do not want to chance it through a Porsche box. ZFQ is a very new and not yet proven. The M7003-GT gearbox is only USD$14,500.

But will it fit an RCR? Then I will need to adapt to the GM motor :confused:

Jason,
I would not worry about the strength of the G50 Porsche box, especially the large ring gear boxes, with 516 ft lbs torque. Just FYI the gearbox in the current "world's fastest production car" (Shelby Supercars - Home of the Fastest, Most Powerful Production Car Ever Made - The Ultimate Aero.) with over 1100 ft lbs torque uses a highly modified G64/51 Porsche transaxle prepared by California Motorsports.

I'd say even a G50 NA box with a billet side plate would hold up just fine with your power under normal conditions. That's not to say that the gear ratios are perfect to start with though!

Back