What the heck is going on in Canada

I must admit, I just now actually read the base post. It doesn't appear to me to be anything new and candidly seems like a pretty good idea.

I think respecting one's spouse goes a long way to having a happy marriage.

So do I...

The difference is that I don't need some sanctimonious person to tell me how to...

The hypocrisy is palpable. The firm belief that a man of the cloth can somehow have a better judgement on issues that a non believer just winds me up :(

Anyway, if my wife WANTS to give me a BJ, shouldn't I respect her wishes :laugh:

Last edited:
Not necessarily - there can be an afterlife without God.

Ian

Ian,

Apologies I thought atheists did not beleive in any afterlife guess at some point there is a good chance we will find out who is right.

Those atheists better start praying to God it's not me, I do a very good smug :)

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This reminds me of the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac who spend all night lying awake wondering if there really is a Dog....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Well, two out of three aint bad...........I sleep like a baby!

Ian,

Apologies I thought atheists did not beleive in any afterlife guess at some point there is a good chance we will find out who is right.

Those atheists better start praying to God it's not me, I do a very good smug :)

No need to apologize, Nick.

I am not an atheist. Just wanted to point out that some atheists believe there is an afterlife. Buddhists also believe in an afterlife, but do not believe in God (or any god per se). Many people misinterpret Buddhist ideals as actually being gods, but those ideals are really different aspects of one's spirit. Now, Buddhists are more appropriately non-theistic as opposed to atheists in general, but that is a fine hair to be splitting ...

Ian

No need to apologize, Nick.

I am not an atheist. Just wanted to point out that some atheists believe there is an afterlife. Buddhists also believe in an afterlife, but do not believe in God (or any god per se). Many people misinterpret Buddhist ideals as actually being gods, but those ideals are really different aspects of one's spirit. Now, Buddhists are more appropriately non-theistic as opposed to atheists in general, but that is a fine hair to be splitting ...

Ian

Ian,

I loved the way Dave Allen the comedian, at the end of his act Allen would always raise his glass and quietly toast his audience with the words "Goodnight, thank you, and may your God go with you",

Back