What the heck is going on in Canada

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Wow here we go we have sex and religion in one thread. How can we throw in a politician or two to make it perfect. :laugh::laugh:
I am amazed that people sworn to celibacy can have the gall to tell other people how to conduct themselves in the bedroom. How would they know anything?
Now please pass the vibrator!

As a self professed non-delusional atheist I couldn't actually give a tinker's cuss what the church has to say about anything. It amazes me that some chose to allow their lives to be constrained or dictated by people of "faith" in any shape or form but that's their prerogative I suppose.
Just my two cents' worth and no offence intended to anyone.

All interesting comments. I think you are all pretty much right. Regarding Jason, I hope you don't have to confront the Islamists too soon.

As a self professed non-delusional atheist I couldn't actually give a tinker's cuss what the church has to say about anything. It amazes me that some chose to allow their lives to be constrained or dictated by people of "faith" in any shape or form but that's their prerogative I suppose.
Just my two cents' worth and no offence intended to anyone.

Jason,

Don't worry about being a non-delusional atheist as God loves non-delusional as well as delusional ones.

If there were no God, there would be no atheists :)

Last edited:
Jason,

Don't worry about being a non-delusional atheist as God loves non-delusional as well as delusional ones.

If there were no God, there would be no atheists.

Yes, well, whatever. I'm most certainly not worried out about it Nick.

So, I'm stepping out of this thread as I don't want to get drawn into what will inevitably end up as a discussion on religion yes/no and potentially end up with some people getting upset unneccessarily. I've already indicated my view on that topic so there's no point in going on more I feel.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend :)
Cheers,
Jason

No not from me Jason. I am just trying to stir your thought process. I do believe God created us the way we are, we chose to take some alternative steps, and yet in the end, fight with others about how we think, or see the world.

Nick, either will those of faith, until the final journey comes. And no one wants to do that. We might find that the athiests are right but I don't believe that (from my own personal spiritual journeys).

Of course, those who commune with God know what is best for us, so need to tell us. Hang about, are we talking religious leaders or politicians here (picking up on Pete's post)?

Pat

Supporter
http://life.nationalpost.com/2011/01...9-in-marriage/

...respecting the dignity of the other person.
<!-- Color change only --><!-- Font change only --><!-- Font and color change --><!-- aks --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I must admit, I just now actually read the base post. It doesn't appear to me to be anything new and candidly seems like a pretty good idea.

I think respecting one's spouse goes a long way to having a happy marriage.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
This reminds me of the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac who spend all night lying awake wondering if there really is a Dog....

Back