What's The Offsets For Our Forgestar Wheels?

First thing I did was remove the wheels and looked on the backsides expecting to see a stamped offset, but nada. I've been back and forth with Forgestar who can't simply tell me what offsets RCR even orders....you'd think this would be in their system to easily look up. Most I have gotten is that RCR changed offsets at some point, but can't give me a date when this happened. He also told me they hand engrave a serial number to each wheel, but pics I sent him says they're covered up with powdercoat although it appears it could be area above the size/width stamp (least on front wheel).

So......anyone happen to know offsets for the 19/20 wheels? I assume C6Z or C6GS offsets, but would like to know for sure. Just digging around killing time and curious to see if there's room to fit the CTS-V or ZL1 calipers as future upgrade in the far future. I know the front 4 piston Brembos are close to the wheels as is, so assuming IF they can fit them a little spacer will likely be required.

F14-19x9.5-Stamp.jpg

F14-20x12-Stamp1.jpg

F14-20x12-Stamp2.jpg

Maybe a stupid question on my part, what's the benefit of going to these other calipers? If it's more braking power/less leg effort you're looking for, have you considered changing your master cylinder bore sizes?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Since you have them off why not measure the back spacing yourself and then convert that measurement to find your offset. Lots of online tutorials available Del.

Cam, not at all a dumb question. It'd be purely aesthetics for me, although I won't mind if it offers a more braking power. Won't be anytime soon, but is on my wish list when I run out of things.

I will measure if I have to, just hoped someone knew the offsets already since most all have same size widths. I expected it'd been a quick email to Forgestar to find out, but that proved way more difficult than I thought, lol

I believe the fronts came in either 9.5 or 10" wide, it was dependent upon whatever availability they had at the time of ordering. No actual fact to back that up other than grapevine and that the site lists 9.5/10" for fronts:

I recall measuring mine to be 10". So depending on which wheel size and model variant you have, you may have a different backspacing, at least for the fronts.

As a complicating detail I believe some wheel selections were supplied with thin spacers while others were not. For instance I know of multiple owners who have the CF5V wheels and they were supplied with spacers to achieve adequate clearance for the brake caliper.

I believe the fronts came in either 9.5 or 10" wide, it was dependent upon whatever availability they had at the time of ordering. No actual fact to back that up other than grapevine and that the site lists 9.5/10" for fronts:

I recall measuring mine to be 10". So depending on which wheel size and model variant you have, you may have a different backspacing, at least for the fronts.

As a complicating detail I believe some wheel selections were supplied with thin spacers while others were not. For instance I know of multiple owners who have the CF5V wheels and they were supplied with spacers to achieve adequate clearance for the brake caliper.

I saw that when I looked, but looks like only 18's got the 10", currently anyways. Mine are for sure 9.5", mine are stamped.

Man that does complicate things more! When you can order any backspacing from Forgestar, seems it'd be just easier to order right size. I'm guessing maybe they had extra wheels at RCR when they changed updated something up front (maybe when going to Camaro brakes vs Wilwood).

Here's a picture that (somewhat) shows how close the F14's are to the 4 piston Brembo, other wheel styles may have more clearance than I do. I haven't checked front travel yet, but appears I have a little room to run a spacer up front assuming studs are long enough to compensate for it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_194835.jpg
    IMG_20190526_194835.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 455
Back