Who would be the foremost authority on the GT40 ?

Gentleman,
I am in need of the person who is the most knowledgeable authority on the GT. I have a request for some very in depth info on this car and My knowledge falls way short of the requirements. If anyone can give me a name and contact info by e mail it will be greatly appreciated.
I can't say for what this is about at this time but will definatly let everyone know when it is possible for me to do so.
This request comes from a very large and reputable company. They need factual info in order to proceed with their project.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Ronnie Spain is the most authoritative person I know but I don't know contact details. After him, perhaps Brian Wingfield.

Hersh,

Depends on what you are looking for...my suggestion would be to go to one of the people that built them.

Lee Holman President, Holman Moody, Inc. (1978 to present)
President, Holman Automotive, Inc. (1983 to present)
Part of 1965 Alan Mann's LeMans Team, Reims
Part of 1966 Holman Moody Team Daytona, Sebring, LeMans
Part of 1967 Holman Moody Team Daytona, Sebring
To contact: Call (704)583-2888 or [email protected]

Matt

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

Trevor Legate posted on Club Cobra some months ago in the GT40 Talk section. At that time I invited him through email to join over here, but he indicated it like to read here, not post. So, I don't think he joined.

However, search over there and I think you'll find his contact info. He might be of some help or can point you in the right direction.

Thanks guys.
I hope that one of these gentlemen will read this post and send me a private message or an e mail. In the meantime I will take your advise and try to find some contact info on the ones given.

[ QUOTE ]
Trevor Legate posted on Club Cobra some months ago in the GT40 Talk section. At that time I invited him through email to join over here, but he indicated it like to read here, not post. So, I don't think he joined.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are going to have to start calling him Trevor Lurk-gate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Allan,
Thank you so much. I hope he responds. I will only pass on the contact information to him and he can then decide for himself if he wishes to participate. I sure hope he does... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Hershal,

Chris Melia would be one of the most knowledgable GT40 guys on this forum. He has a membership number of "40" for the club in England and with that number was obviously there from the start. He sat in an original in the "60 and has had a love affair ever since. I believe he is also a close friend of both Lee Hollman and Ronnie Spain and more important is easily approached on this forum.

Try Chris (I hope you do not mind mate!!!)

Best wishes,

Robert

Hi Guys

I am always willing to help the GT40 world, one of the most knowledgeable guys I know is Brian Wingfield. Although in his 70's Brian is still looking after several original cars.
Also Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Paul Lanzanty he had 4 original cars being prepared for the Goodwood Revival meeting at his shop.

Regards
Chris

Greetings All
I have just returned from France and decided to check out the various websites and found my name 'Lurk-ing' within this one! Whilst I have been happy to scan these pages on occassion, I thought it best to keep out until I had something positive to contribute, although I been in contact with assorted members in the past.
Naturally I was a little surprised to find myself mentioned on this topic, so I thought it only right to put the matter right and say that Ronnie Spain has forgotten more about the GT40 than I will ever know (sadly) and if you need to get in touch with him, Hershal, let me know and I will give him a call. He lives up the top end of Scotland and seems to have major troubles with his computer/email so contact can be sporadic to say the least. He his a mine of info on chassis numbers and such-like, but for technical questions, people such as Bryan Wingfield are probably your best source of contact.
If I can assist in any way with your research/questions etc, please feel free to get in touch with me on [email protected]
Anyhow, I hope I can chip in more frequently with any suitable comments and pearls of wisdom (joke) in the future and I promise that I have overcome my initial shyness.
Regards
Trevor

Hello Trevor,
It is outstanding to see that you have joined in with our little group of GT40 crazies. It is truly a pleasure to have someone as yourself participate in some of our discussions. We are proud of the fact that this board has maintained a high interest and we believe that is due to the high level of knowledgeable members. It seems the interest in this car will only grow as time goes by.
Thank you for your offer to notify Mr. Spain. I have made Chris Melia the logistics commander on this as I think it should be controlled by one person who can contact those as yourself more easily than I. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back