Why I no longer post in the Paddock

Steve

Supporter
Oh my, I had no idea that it would turn out this way.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=

Guys, I guess because I was so close to it, I really though that most of the regular posters knew why I stopped posting...
<o:p></o:p>

I really thought that outside of one or two, no one cared that I stopped and many would rejoice.

But lately several of you had contacted me to ask if I'm OK and last week at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT face=
I must say that I'm very supprised and greatly gratified by the response.

As a student of history I know that taking a stand on principle rarely has a positive short term effect for either side...
I spent almost four months on the sidelines pissed off and Keith now has to deal with this.
It's usually only after much time and in retrospect that a stand on principle seems like the right thing to do.

But after reading these posts, I can see that most of you missed the reason for my absence and after hearing the story, folks on both sides of the debate quite eloquently jumped in to support the right of the minority to be heard.

Now I completely understand that my strongly taking the minority view will irritate some and lead to angry responses. I'm OK with that, Howard is correct, I'm a big boy and I can take it. Being called a comi or a crybaby does not bother me. I only brought it up to show the lack of fairness in Keith indignation.
Keith, I'm glad that there are people like you willing to be moderators, its a tough job, one I know I should never consider.....
I have no problem with you continuing to moderate, but it must be fair, you must be able to step away from the actual debate and look objectively, really objectively....particularly If you chose to enter a debate yourself.

If you can do that, great....
But as I said, "You can't have a debate when one side censors the other"
I want you guys to know that I'm incredibly gratified by your responses, a great, grey cloud has been lifted and once again when I think of this site I can smile. Thank you!

Reminds me of:
[ame="http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtUVDG5M1w"]http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtUVDG5M1w[/ame]

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Steve,

Your analogy only holds up if Sally represents the 1st Amendment.

Nobody gives a shit about me, this is both sides of the debate caring about fairness, censorship and the right if the minority to be heard.

How do you feel about censoring one side of the debate?

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Jim. Good to hear from you! Minority? Where we live? Hell I'm the minority! Peace, love dope brother! May the force be with you and long live Gerry Garcia.............you commie bastard!

Now chart THAT!

Steve

Supporter
Steve,

Your analogy only holds up if Sally represents the 1st Amendment.

Nobody gives a shit about me, this is both sides of the debate caring about fairness, censorship and the right if the minority to be heard.

How do you feel about censoring one side of the debate?

I didn't realize your constitutional rights were violated. Either way:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XlnCgpLl1I[/ame]

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jim. Good to hear from you! Minority? Where we live? Hell I'm the minority!

I think Jim was talking about the forum...those of us who may subscribe to the more liberal viewpoints can be counted on one hand...but the more conservative members can't be counted on both hands and feet. The left is DEFINITELY in the minority here on the forum.

Cheers!

Doug

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I think Jim was talking about the forum...those of us who may subscribe to the more liberal viewpoints can be counted on one hand...but the more conservative members can't be counted on both hands and feet. The left is DEFINITELY in the minority here on the forum.

Cheers!

Doug

Hi Doug,

Yes indeed, I was talking fourm and Howie was talking Bay Area...

My friend Howard lives not far from here...

High tech jobs bring many well educated folks from all over the world, they tend to be Liberal in nature....

On the fourm he may be in th majority, but here in the Beautiful Bay Area he is way, way off to the right.

You probably will not believe this, but here where I live and amongst my friends, I'm not considered particularly liberal.

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Well at least we didn't lose you to the wine crash of '14. I was not fond of earthquakes. And yes your only near it, I know. It was a joke. Welcome back.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Marc,

This most recent Quake was an odd one. Fairly large at 6.1 but apparently very concentrated.

We were only 50 or so miles way, yet we felt nothing.

Back in 89, SF and the Bay Bridge were further than that from the epicenter, yet SF and Oakland had extensive damage and the bridge collapsed.

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Jim,

I was down the local pub tonight and after a few beers,
we got around to discussing the issue of you not posting anymore.
There was no unanimous decision, so we took a vote.
Hope you like the company i keep...

:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

Attachments

• 81512270.jpg
    81512270.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 154
Back