Windows 8 or Apple ?

I hate the thought of having to learn how to use a MAC, so I am stuck with Windoze. Will not jump onto 8 untill it has been around for while. If you HAVE to update your machine, then I guess you must take the plunge and hope it isn't a massive fail like Vista was. Unless you can buy a new machine with 7 and get a free upgrade to 8 included for a later date?

I made the switch to apple about 2 years ago. I got really fed up with waiting 20mins for my computer to boot up. Never looked back.

Now I have an iPad (2 in fact) Apple TV, iPhone 5, various iPods and an iMac.

So I wont be going for windows 8, they have had so many opportunities to get it right, that its just a bit of a farce now.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I switched to Macs years ago. I now have a Mac at work, one at home and a Mac laptop. Yes, there is a wider range of software (e.g. stats programs) available for PC type platforms, but I wouldn't go back if you paid me to. Learning how to use a Mac takes a little time, but much of it is much more intuitive than Windows. Having said that, Mac is in danger of falling into the same trap as Windows, with newer operating systems being unnecessarily more complex than older ones without any discernible improvement in performance.

Apple won their lawsuit against Samsung for patent infringement, just as they should have won over Microsoft with the much inferior Windows.

I've played with PCs , tried to build one or two , had one built - which fell prey to a 5lb hammer .
My wife is a production manager and uses Mac , and now iDo .
I have to work with PCs at work and am glad to get home to my mac .
Windos sounds like new headaches at work .

The team I work with has been playing with Windows 8 for a few months now. Things do not look very good so far. I think we are equating it with Vista. 7 was a huge improvement over Vista, but I think 8 is a big leap backwards. Basically, it feels like a smart phone/tablet OS, but for a desktop. Which would be nice, if you had full touchscreen access for your desktop system. But, for those who don't ...

Ian

Back