With great power comes great responsibility...

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
So this morning I take the MK II at my friends request to the grand opening of the new Lotus dealership in town. Great, a chance to meet Arnie Johnson the head of Lotus North America whom I have talked to for 15 years but never met.

So on the way heading into light rain...glad I did the windscreen yesterday and coated with Rain-X. So on the way I am on a road that I have driven for better than ten years on the way to the soul-sucking job that pays the bills (Gee, selling SPFs doesn't?) and I know the spot in front of the local PD car shop where they sit. I am doing 60 in a 55 where most do 65-70 plus. I am behind an F150 pickup and ready to pass when a Pontiac comes up behind me at 75-80 MPH and I smile as the Police Interceptor (Taurus to civilians) lights 'em up and goes after him. And I am reminded of my mantra...."I don't need to prove/show off to any one!" (Badges, we don gotta show you no steenkin' badges!!!)

One win for the good guys..........

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for sharing, Rick. If I had a dime for every Corvette or Mustang that have blown past me on the highway I'd be able to retire. I'm 54 and haven't had a speeding ticket since High School. Doesn't mean I don't push things once in a while. I just don't need an audience. I'm happy to watch other people try and prove themselves.

Just once in my life I'd like to experience what you did Rick. People do some stupid stunts to try and bait me when I'm behind the wheel and I just let them get on with things but I'd love to see a cop take one down. Just once.......please.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
As I was out for my 6am drive this weekend, I found myself entering five lanes of northbound freeway. The on ramp was very tight and fed into a continuous lane. As I reached the point where the on ramp merged with the freeway I was doing maybe 35mph as traffic was whizzing by at 75-80mph. I noticed a few cars in my side view mirror maybe a hundred feet or so behind coming up on me at a high rate of speed. I laid into it and shifted quickly into 3rd. They briefly came along beside as I shifted into 4th and left them in the dust. Nothing like the peace and calm of driving down the highway at 6am in your Lexus when suddenly you intimately meet that ass end of a 427 at full tilt through open megaphones... bye now
icon10.gif

Back