Wreaked and Burned SLC

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That I can't answer. BUT, I don't think that will buff out. I hope whoever was driving got out safely.

Regards Brian

i know, it looks really bad. it looks like it had the carbon fiber seats and maybe a supercharger. The declared value is crazy high, so i suspect it was very high end one. The rear rims look wider than stock too, but its hard to tell from the photos. Someone has to know who built it.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Not too many of them out there that had actual headers on them that I'm aware of. Had front end lift also, looks like a LS9 engine (I think).

Regards Brian

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Notice that the front roll cage attachment plates are pulled through.

The roll cage bolts didn't pull through. In fact, the roll cage appears to be completely intact. As Kurt points out the, entire top of the aluminum front tub is melted... which left the roll cage attachment plates hanging in open space.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
It bolts through a large aluminum tube which is part of the monocoque. While not required, a steel backer plate is a good idea.

Good news, this was not the result of a crash. The SL-C was at a shop when a nearby building caught fire. All the surrounding buildings then caught fire and the SL-C was consumed by the very large fire.
It was one of my builds with a LS9 and headers that I made.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Its possible that some of the internal gearbox parts and maybe some of the internal engine parts could be reused, but I don't believe that I see anything worth the time and effort it would take to clean, disassemble, inspect, and then potentially reuse. IMHO that is a total write-off and would only cost money pretty much no matter what you could get it for. I don't think it is worth the shipping cost.

SO...…………..……………..does everybody have a fire system in their car? 500-600 bucks could prevent that if it was to start from a small fuel leak on the side of the highway.

Neil

Supporter
Yes, it is required at Bonneville. I have two 10lb automatic extinguishers for the engine compartment and 10lb and 5lb manual-pull extinguishers for the cockpit. Some are Halon FE-36 and the others are Halon 1201. Overkill but, like a parachute, when it is needed, you need badly!

About 8 years ago I had a house fire. Leveled the garage end of the house. Lost a C3 Vette (hot rod), BMW and Viper. Fire was hot enough it damaged the garage floor.

I kept the motor/trans out of the Vette. My son pulled that motor out of storage last year. Replaced the melted valve covers/intake/distributor. Stuck it in one of the Sprint cars and it’s still running. Makes about 600hp@7200 rpm.

Kim Haun

Supporter
Its possible that some of the internal gearbox parts and maybe some of the internal engine parts could be reused, but I don't believe that I see anything worth the time and effort it would take to clean, disassemble, inspect, and then potentially reuse. IMHO that is a total write-off and would only cost money pretty much no matter what you could get it for. I don't think it is worth the shipping cost.

SO...…………..……………..does everybody have a fire system in their car? 500-600 bucks could prevent that if it was to start from a small fuel leak on the side of the highway.
Coincidentally, I just finished putting a system in today!

Back