Young Gun slingers kill an Aussie

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
In reply to Al's post#119

Let me guess, the bad guys don't give a shit about strict laws and they know the good guys are probably not armed. Hope that wasn't racist Jim.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The cities with the strictest gun laws, Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans, and Detroit represent 10% of the murder rate for the entire US. Wonder why that is?

I'm supprised that I have to explain this to you.

Al, why do you suppose that Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans and Detroit passed laws to try and limit gun deaths?

It was because the had way to many guns and way to many murders.

They made a good faith attempt to stem the murders, it failed because there are several hundred million guns in the US, way to many and way to easy to get.

Thanks to the NRA they are easy to get and impossable to trace.

This attempt at steming the slaughter proves that the only way to end this horror is a total ban.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

Its very simple, most people are good, but not all. The problem is we cant tell ahead of time who will become a murderer.

Since we cant get rid of all the bad people, we must get rid of the guns.

Additionally, guns have a way on not only empowering people, but they also make people bold, brave, fearless, cocky, agressive and intimadating (all bad traits).

The Japanese have a long history with very few guns and little violence.

Except between 1931 nd 1945, during those years virually every man was given guns and almost overnight they became murdering savages.

In 1945, the US Govenment disarmed the Japanese (we know how), removing virtually all their guns, overnight they became peaceful docile people again.

Last edited:
Mr craik, I bet a total ban would also eliminate heroin, cocaine, crack, ecstasy too.....oh wait, NEVERMIND. There IS a total ban on that, not even law abiding citizens can have that stuff with the proper background checks and mandatory waiting periods and yet there is still a drug problem.

I bet if we banned murder, that would stop murders.... Oh wait NEVERMIND, murder is already banned.

With all due respect, stop blaming inanimate objects for the DECISIONS and ACTIONS of horrible people.

Al, why do you suppose that Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans and Detroit passed laws to try and limit gun deaths?

They made a good faith attempt to stem the murders, it failed because there are several hundred million guns in the US, way to many and way to easy to get.

This attempt at steming the slaughter proves that the only way to end this horror is a total ban.

You don't have to explain anything to me, New York with Stop and frisk has dropped the rate considerably lower than the cities I mentioned. But now they want to discontinue Stop and frisk because it's targeting blacks and Hispanics. Tell me, if you had a high murder rate in areas that are predominately Scandinavian people and murders are committed most often by Scandinavian people , who would you Stop and frisk, Russian people? You are in la la land, there will always be murders in those areas.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Danamal,

Just like drugs, guns will never be totally eliminated, but eliminating most and making just possesion a major crime would save thousands and thousands of lives per year.

Some Countries have tried to eliminate the slaughter and have been very very successful.

Here are the yearly number of Gun deaths in each Country per 100,000 of population (2010):

Australia........................0.13
New Zeland....................0.26
UK................................0.04
Canada..........................0.5
Japan............................0.00

USA..............................3.60

The USA rate of gun deaths per 100,000 of population is over ******27*******times higher than in Australia, who banned most gun ownership!

The rate of USA gun deaths per 100,000 of population is over ******90*******times higher than in the UK, who have a very limited number of guns.

Even after adjusting for population, for every person who dies in the UK from a gun, 90+ die in the USA!

Even just cutting the slaughter in half would save 16,081 lives per year, thats five and a half 9-11 attacks per year.

That is 16,081 fathers, brothers, mothers, childeren, friends and yes Australian baseball players.

Last edited:
Murder in the US

Guns...........................72.5%
Knives.........................13.3
Other..........................14.2

So in the absence of guns does the knife crime then jump to 85.8% ? Surely a killer with intentions will use anything he can lay his hands on.

Of course Mark,

Population size does make a differance.

Here are the yearly number of Gun deaths in each Country per 100,000 of population (2010):

Australia........................0.13
New Zeland....................0.26
UK................................0.04
Canada..........................0.5
Japan............................0.00

USA..............................3.60

This makes for some interesting reading. List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bob

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So in the absence of guns does the knife crime then jump to 85.8% ? Surely a killer with intentions will use anything he can lay his hands

Well Bob, that did not happen in Australia, the UK or Japan, did it?

Guns just make slaughter so very clean and easy.

Knives are everywhere, everyone has easy and almost intant access to knives (childeren, gang members, crazy people, drunks, addicts and sycopaths) yet they amount to only 13.3% of murders, why do you suppose that is?

Tell me Jim, is it just a coincidence that Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans, and Washington DC are and have been Democrat controlled for that last 50 years or so? A lack of management maybe?

The Japanese have a long history with little violence, except between 1938 nd 1945, during those years virually every man was given guns and almost overnight they became murdering savages.

Jim, in other posts you have used the Japanese as an example gun-less culture that I'm assuming you think we should strive to be. In those posts, i have provided reasons why comparing america to japan is quite foolish, yet you continue to do so. Also, your statement of them becoming savages between 1938-1945 illustrates that you don't really know anything about the Japanese.

For starters, the Japanese invaded manchuria in 1931. During their occupation, they committed horrible atrocities like the Rape of Nanking which was before 1938. Look it up sometime, especially the pictures.

Furthermore, as i have stated in the past, there is key differences between the Japanese and Americans. They Japanese do not have any diversity nor are they multicultural. They are on an Island and they are also very conservative in general.

When a disaster occurs in Japan, everyone goes out and picks up the pieces. Here, we loot.

Also, only 1% of the Japanese population is on welfare.

nanking-massacre-rape-of-nanking-killing-children.jpg

Big government at work!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Al do you really want to make this a political thing?

Here is some RED State, BLUE State data. Keep in mind that virtually all the large Cities high crime cities Sates (LA, Chicago, New York).

Even with these large cities, Red States have much more overall crime.

Red State vs. Blue State Crime Rates by Different Partisan Groupings
Partisan grouping

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

:beadyeyes:AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!:evil3:

"Passed laws"!!!..."good faith attempt"!!!...'it's the NRA's fault'!!!...'TOTAL GUN BAN is the ONLY thing that'll work'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

A total gun ban is YET ANOTHER L-A-W, Jim!!!!!!!! YET ANOTHER LAW THAT O-N-L-Y LAW-ABIDING PEOPLE will obey - same as always! HOW WELL have the 161,879,528,213 gun laws (+ or - a dozen) we have on the books NOW worked to this point, Jim??? How well did they work at Columbine? Sandy Hook? Newtown? Aurora? V.T.? On, and on, and ON??? And you and your ilk think MORE LAWS are the answer??? Really??? You think taking away the gun rights of all LAW-ABIDING PEOPLE will somehow magically and mystically END all gun crime...'will change the behavior of CRIMINALS...'turn 'em into law-abiding saints who'll WORK for a living from then on??? Do you REALLY believe that??????? SERIOUSLY???

BTW, in case you've forgotten - you anti-gun folks ALREADY HAVE your total gun ban law! It's called the "Gun-free Zone" law. 'Tis VERBOTEN to have a gun of ANY kind within one! And yet, ALL the above shootings (and more) happened in GUN-FREE ZONES"! Now, WHY do you think that might be? They're really EFFECTIVE, aren't they. We need a bunch more of those.

'Unbelievable.:worried2:

Nuts to this. 'Been there done that. I'm hitting the hiking trail...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
OK,

I have a way to reduce the slaughter, perhaps by up to 50%, Lets hear from the pro gun folks, what do you suggest we do.

What we have now is unacceptable, tens of thousands are being slaughtered...................

How about you give us some realistic ways of reducing the deaths. Real, concrete, attainable ways to stem the killing.

Stop and frisk in high crime areas.
Automatic jail time for unlawful gun possession
Long jail time for gun trafficking
Long jail time for violent gun related crimes
for starters.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, care to chime in on this....again?

Frankly no. Jim is one of those people who is always, always correct in whatever he says and does. Logic and truth will not change his mind his mind is made up.
It is a waste of energy arguing with him and I am over it.
I would rather have a reasoned argument with someone who is willing to listen to the other side than waste anymore energy on a fanatic.
Not saying that I won't weigh in again sometime but right now I'm over it.

Back