Young Gun slingers kill an Aussie

Keith

This Just IN from The Ministry of YOUR Health & Safety

"Hello My Name is O'Bannon 1,409"

"I Cannot Harm You in Any Way"

" I am Conditioned to Help You"

"What Help Do You Need?"

"I am Sorry - I Cannot Accept Your Answer - Everyone Needs Help - It Is The Cornerstone of Our Great Enlightened Democratic Society"

"I am Sorry But Your Answer quote: - just leave me alone to live my life buddy - is Not Acceptable and You Must Wait Here for The Happy Bus to Take You for Further Enlightenment at The Ministry of Health & Safety"

"You Must Tell Your Wife and Children to Find Someone Else - You May Be Away Some Time"

"That Is All"

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter

Yes John, I did think of that one terrable death, I immediatly wondered how many folks would have died had he gone on a crazy gun rampage instead of a crazy car rampage.

I'm thinking five to seven?

There will always be folks who go over the edge, we will never stop that. What we can stop is the easy access to millions of machines designed only to kill many things quickly.

Last edited:

Keith

There will always be folks who go over the edge, we will never stop that. What we can stop is the easy access to millions of machines desigen just to kill many things quickly.

O'Bannon: M.O.S.H.

"Yes - Computers & Bicycles Are Dangerous - They Must Be Banned"

"Guns Must Be Banned"

"The Ministry of Health & Safety Have Calculated That it Would be More Economical And Efficient to Ban People Instead"

That is All

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Stop and frisk in high crime areas.
Automatic jail time for unlawful gun possession
Long jail time for gun trafficking
Long jail time for violent gun related crimes
for starters.

...to which I'd add a couple details if I may:

- Commit a violent crime with a gun (or any deadly weapon) - AUTOMATIC 20 years on top of the >MAX< sentence for whatever the original crime was.

- Injure someone with a gun (or any deadly weapon) whilst committing a violent crime - 30 years on top of whatever the >MAX< was for the original crime.

- KILL someone - AUTOMATIC DEATH PENALTY. PERIOD. And no 300, 000 years of appeals.

- NO PAROLS...no time off for good behavior...no deals...NO NOTHING. And the perp serves e-v-e-r-y- s-e-c-o-n-d. Black, White, Latino, Asian - whatever he is. No sob stories...no judicial discretion - NO NOTHING. 'Wouldn't wanna have anyone on the left screaming "RACISM!!!" would we? Well, of COURSE not.

You asked, Jim. THERE IT IS...all spelled out for ya...pre wrapped and packaged...all as plain and simple as possible. You want more "gun laws"? THERE THEY ARE.

No DOUBT you have "issues" with our "solution", right? I'll bet.
'Don't want to hear 'em.

G'night...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
- KILL someone - AUTOMATIC DEATH PENALTY. PERIOD. And no 300, 000 years of appeals/QUOTE]

Yes I agree that very very strong penalties for ALL gun crimes should be mandatory.

But Larry, are you saying that Zimmerman clown in Florida, dies?

OK I know you will say he was not guilty, but it was a close run thing. If he had been found guilty of killing with a gun, should he automaticly die, no appeal?

OK Larry, that was good, now see if you can think of ways that guns themselves could be made or modified that would help limit the slaughter.

Last edited:

Keith

O'Bannon:

"Schools Are Very Dangerous Places"

"You Must Protect Your Children or We Shall Protect Them For You"

"Attached Photograph is The New MOSH Standard Utility Uniform For Children"

Source: Ministry of Health & Safety (MOSH) - Daily Bulletin # 48,614

"That is All"

Brian Stewart
Supporter
I do not own a firearm and, apart from a brief few years in my teens when I used to go hunting with friends, I have never had a desire to own a firearm. So, a genuine question, with no intention to judge anyone. Why do the people who own firearms own them? Is it because you can? Is it to go hunting? Is it because they are cool? Is it for protection? Is it because you are a collector? I am assuming no-one on here owns them to commit crime... No rants please.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I do not own a firearm and, apart from a brief few years in my teens when I used to go hunting with friends, I have never had a desire to own a firearm. So, a genuine question, with no intention to judge anyone. Why do the people who own firearms own them? Is it because you can? Is it to go hunting? Is it because they are cool? Is it for protection? Is it because you are a collector? I am assuming no-one on here owns them to commit crime... No rants please.

I can't answer for everyone, sir, but here's why I own firearms:

! - personal protection on the street and in the woods

2 - home defense

3 - because constitution gives me the RIGHT to keep and bear arms...and as everyone knows, anything one doesn't USE - he looses.

I don't "hunt", Brian. As I've mentioned on more than one occasion at/on several different venues over the years, I just can't shoot any breathing thing that isn't threatening me or mine. 'Can't do it. My DNA just isn't programmed that way. But, bring in the 'threat' thing and...well...

Oh, and regarding the "cool" factor - forget it. 'Nothing "cool" about packing one...and if one is smart about it, no one will ever know when you're packin' one anyway. They're simply a tool like any other. They perform a function. (I don't know anyone who carries one simply as a fashion statement.)

:chug:

...to which I'd add a couple details if I may:

- Commit a violent crime with a gun (or any deadly weapon) - AUTOMATIC 20 years on top of the >MAX< sentence for whatever the original crime was.

- Injure someone with a gun (or any deadly weapon) whilst committing a violent crime - 30 years on top of whatever the >MAX< was for the original crime.

- KILL someone - AUTOMATIC DEATH PENALTY. PERIOD. And no 300, 000 years of appeals.

- NO PAROLS...no time off for good behavior...no deals...NO NOTHING. And the perp serves e-v-e-r-y- s-e-c-o-n-d. Black, White, Latino, Asian - whatever he is. No sob stories...no judicial discretion - NO NOTHING. 'Wouldn't wanna have anyone on the left screaming "RACISM!!!" would we? Well, of COURSE not.

You asked, Jim. THERE IT IS...all spelled out for ya...pre wrapped and packaged...all as plain and simple as possible. You want more "gun laws"? THERE THEY ARE.

No DOUBT you have "issues" with our "solution", right? I'll bet.
'Don't want to hear 'em.

G'night...

Larry for this to work you would probably have to treble the size of the police force and build prisons to accommodate 20% of the population . But I like your thought process :)

Bob

Hopefully this won't be considered a rant...

I grew up around firearms with dad being a certified firearms instructor (aside of being ballistic expert for the Department of Defense)... Therefore we were taught at a very early age about safe handling and usage. At nine, I had my hunter safety card and have been hunting ever since. I would rather take game legally and process it personally for the table, than buy meat. (My game handling would put USDA procedures to shame.)
I also keep firearms for competition, recreational shooting and personal defense and because our founding fathers saw to it that we could.

I know how much you like graphs

Firearm_vehicle_deaths.png

It seems that the people and the auto industry realised the extent of the problem and through new, stronger drunk driving laws and safer cars they have made changes and saved thousands of lives, Al is against ANY change because no one will "control" Al.

This is really a bad comparison, on a daly basis virtually everyone rides in cars.........

The number of gun deaths has already passed auto deaths in some states, it wont be long before total gun deaths pass total auto deaths. Al should throw a party.

The firearm deaths in your bogus graph are over 30k where in actuality they are just over 12k. Just as always, fabricate.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
This is from USA Today, CDC Data

Death rates from guns, traffic accidents converging

WASHINGTON — Deaths from traffic accidents have dropped dramatically over the last 10 years, while firearm-related fatalities rose for decades before leveling off in the past decade, a USA TODAY analysis of data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows.
Meanwhile, the rate of firearms deaths has exceeded traffic fatalities in several states, including Arizona, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Michigan, Nevada and Oregon, records show. The rate is equal in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
FULL COVERAGE: Debate over guns in America
In the United States in 2010, the rate of firearm deaths was 10 people per 100,000, while for traffic accidents it was 12 per 100,000. Firearm-related deaths totaled 31,672 in 2010.

So now you've added suicide by firearm (which exceeds murder by firearm) and accidental firearm death to the 12000+ firearm murders. When all else fails............ As usual Jim you have charted, graphed and fabricated me to my BS limit, enough!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Say Al, If you look real carefully, at the top of the graph, it says in large letters: "FIREARM AND MOTOR VEHICAL DEATHS"

Now if it said "Firearms and Motor Vehicle Murder" then your number would be correct, but then the auto data would have to be for Auto murder only.

But then as you know, gun murders would be off the chart ahead, wouldn't they?

Al are people who shoot themselfs dead?

If it makes you feel any better, some of the motor vehicle deaths are suicides as well.

Don't worry you can still have a party.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The firearm deaths in your bogus graph are over 30k where in actuality they are just over 12k. Just as always, fabricate.

Say Al, you say here that firearms deaths are "just over 12K", is that true?

No Al that is not true, you have given us only firearm "murder" numbers haven't you?

Al, are people who kill themselfs with guns by accident and on purpose dead?

Souldn't they be included in "firearm deaths"?

In the future please try and stick to the truth.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry for this to work you would probably have to treble the size of the police force and build prisons to accommodate 20% of the population . But I like your thought process :)

Bob

You figure twenty % of the population presently commit, or will commit violent gun crimes if the above laws were implemented? :stunned: And we'd have to increase the p.d. forces x3 as well? Why would either be the case, sir? I'm not following your train of thought here...but then I'm old!

IOW, why would the above proposed laws by themselves cause the number of gun-involved arrests to go UP? You seem to be suggesting that said proposed laws themselves would cause more dirtbags to commit more gun crimes. I'm not 'gettin' 'zackly how that would pan out. (I must not be grasping what you're saying.)

Please 'splain' your position a bit more so an old guy can follow you? :sad: :chug:

You figure twenty % of the population presently commit, or will commit violent gun crimes if the above laws were implemented? :stunned: And we'd have to increase the p.d. forces x3 as well? Why would either be the case, sir? I'm not following your train of thought here...but then I'm old!

IOW, why would the above proposed laws by themselves cause the number of gun-involved arrests to go UP? You seem to be suggesting that said proposed laws themselves would cause more dirtbags to commit more gun crimes. I'm not 'gettin' 'zackly how that would pan out. (I must not be grasping what you're saying.)

Please 'splain' your position a bit more so an old guy can follow you? :sad: :chug:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell I dont think that the drug lords, pushers, thieves, muggers , gang members and any other gun totting lawless contingent would allow themselves to be rounded up and jailed without a full scale war. I have seen the results of heavy handed police work in this country and it backfired on them. They were massivley outnumbered and achieved nothing hence the estimated treble figure. Now I will move on to the 20% in jail thing. Crap breeds crap and the initial clean up will only wipe the surface. I believe that by removing the initial dirt bags you will have dirtbag junior following in the seniors footsteps , this may continue for a couple of generations so as no gun totting arsehole will be getting out of jail for any reason ever the jail population will explode. That is my train of thought and I do believe its possible but it may take up to three generations to be fully effective.

Bob

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I think I see your point, sir, but don't we already have dirtbag juniors following in the footsteps of dirtbag seniors? And the proposed laws wouldn't "round up" anybody other than a specific perp who'd committed a specific gun crime, right? If he's a gang puke, the p.d. wouldn't be arresting the whole gang for the crime, right?

And I'm not really sure about the prison building thing...other than construction dictated by the growth of the general population itself (if you see my point).

I say we go for it and see what happens!!!

Back