YOUR Birthday...

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellow members,

your birthdate might be wrong with respect to your forum profile. The reason it is wrong is one of the following:

• You chose to enter it incorrectly when you signed up for privacy concerns or other reason known only to you.
  • You mistakenly used the European date code DD/MM/YY (which I think is logical) when the forum uses the US date code MM/DD/YY (which I think is illogical).
In any event, don't sweat it. The forum does send out a bday notice to you but you don't need to let me know it is incorrect and ask for admin assistance in changing it. This happens many times per week and it isn't something I'm interested in correcting.

In short, don't worry about it. That information never leaves the forum and it makes no difference.

Happy 2010!

Thanks,
Ron

Keith

Seems like I have two birthdays every year such is the speed that old age approaches...:sad:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Nah.
One is when we all line up, shortest on the left, tallest on the right, in two ranks, right and left turn and form up again in columns of three and march around pretending to be pongos and thats called your official birthday. You just ride around standing up in your jeepy thing taking the salute, and steering with your feet .
The other birthday is when we eat chocolate cake and get totally rat-arsed on Barolo and Millenium riserve. ps I've just received a new consignment of Millenieum from Castle Bolognese. A great big race transporter belonging to Vitaphone Racing negotiated the narrow lanes of Little Marlow, blocked the village up completely and delivered my wine for the next year. So we can do loads of birthdays now.

Ron,

At the risk of being seen as some sort of privacy nazi, your comment

'In short, don't worry about it. That information never leaves the forum and it makes no difference', is unfortunately wrong.

This information DOES leave the forum when 2 forum members are also members of another forum, where a greater level of anonymity exists. And devilment enters the scene. Ask me how I know.

I would be happier if my birthday/date was not made public.

Clive

Mines the 2nd of November, not the 11th of Feb as I incorrectly put it....doesn't matter, nobody ever wishes me happy birthday anyway.
Simon

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Mine is September 10th and I also expect presents from everyone. David I have never tasted Barolo (hint).
Simon, Happy birthday for the next 30 years in case I forget.

Keith

Mine is September 10th and I also expect presents from everyone. David I have never tasted Barolo (hint).
Simon, Happy birthday for the next 30 years in case I forget.

WTF? Pete don't you mean WAS Sept 10th therefore too late for pressies?

Oh, and Pete.

You're an asshole :shout:

BTW My real name is David Barolo and I live in Marlow UK so anytime you want a whupping come on over! :laugh:

With over 10,000 members, I would have thought about an average of 27 members per day would be listed.

We seem to average about 8-9 per day.

Is this a conspiracy? :tongue2:

Clive

I used to tell websites my birthday was Feb 29th (I was not born in a leap year), but then sites started doing error checking and would reject Feb 29th as invalid, so now I tell websites my birthday is January 1st (no need to worry if it's MM/DD or DD/MM)

Back