ZF Gearbox Fiasco/ Fraud / Pete Schomer

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Re: Gearbox For Sale GT40 ZF 5DS-25 Type 0

There's a world of difference between a commercial supplier who routinely drop-ships merchandise (on the one hand) and this situation (on the other) Drop shipping does well for everyone- the buyer gets the items sooner, the shipping cost is less, and the vendor and the manufacturer or jobber get a sale. The buyer doesn't care where it comes from as long as it arrives intact, and someone stands behind the transaction if the item isn't what he needs or is found damaged on arrival. When you buy something from a vendor, you assume that they will stand behind the sale and make you whole if something goes wrong. You don't care where it came from, as long as the person you did business with is available in case something is not right with the item when you receive it.

THIS situation is entirely different, and comparisons with companies such as Summit do not apply here. What isn't in doubt is that Shaughnessy paid for something and didn't get it. He's entitled to have his money returned to him. It's not possible to tell, from what Pete is saying or not saying, exactly what happened on his end: did he just decide to sell it to someone else and keep Tom's funds, did he never have the ZF in the first place, did he get screwed by someone who never sent the goods to him- we don't know. And more than likely we won't until the case gets litigated and the facts, such as they are, come to light in court.

But whatever mistakes Pete may have made are immaterial. If he trusted the wrong person, why should Tom pay for it? Answer: he shouldn't. If Pete didn't have the goods in possession when he accepted Tom's money, then he did so under false pretenses and lied to Tom. And Pete should have recognized that you don't sell something you don't own. Even if Pete had paid for it (and I haven't seen any proof here that he did) paying for something and having a receipt is not the same thing as actually having it in your possession so that you can now sell it to someone else.

Pete needs to pay up. I've been on the receiving end of this kind of thing, fortunately not for this amount. It doesn't feel good. Whatever Pete's troubles may or may not have been with his supplier, it has no bearing on the fact that he owes Tom for the funds that were sent to Pete, with no good shipped in exchange for those funds.

Pete

CURRENTLY BANNED

Again this is between Tom and myself..my phone / broadband all work fine.
Thanks,
Pete..

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Yeah, well, you've got company, Pete. But I suspect if you give Tom back his dosh, you can have your wish- it'll just be between the two of you again. Cheap at the price, esp since it's not your money anyway.

Again this is between Tom and myself..my phone / broadband all work fine.
Thanks,
Pete..

Pete,

Still no money, nor attempts to pay, with the exception of the bad check you wrote me.

I believe active members in the Gt40 community have the right to know that you represent parts that you claim you own, CAN NOT PRODUCE THEM, AND THEN CAN NOT REFUND MONEY going on 9-10 months.

Refund my money.

Guys, dont be Pete's next victim.

Wow! Sorry about that. I am in a situation that looks much like this with other people involved. I am 3 years into my situation though.

Good luck getting this figured out!

Is this auction indeed from Pete?

Yes, this ebay advert is Pete Schomer.

= Coventry Climax Engineering Ltd
= motorsport garage
= [email protected]
= [email protected]
And below is a photo from the Historic-Racer.com site, apparently of Mr Pete Schomer

But the serial # of the trans he is now advertising is #212 according to the photos attached to the listing, whereas I believe the one that Tom S had previously paid for was #260

In my mind, a logical way of trying to resolve the financial side of the dispute would be for Pete to offer to give Tom this new transmission #212 and then simply settle the additional costs that Tom has separately.

Pete - how about offering this to Tom?

But you would obviously need to firstly satisfy Tom that you have title to this #212 trans!

Attachments

• Pete SChomer.jpg
    Pete SChomer.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 500

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Yeah, fat chance of that. Sounds like old Pete needs a case of lead poisoning, the sudden variety.

I feel sorry for Tom. I know if I was in his position I would be spending some more $$ to pursue the matter legally, both on the basis of recovering funds already spent, and on principle.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

I think he is concentrating on the fact that his GT40 is for sale in an upcoming auction. That does not change the fact that Pete ripped him off, and I hope that after the sale is concluded he has time to turn his attention to getting Pete into court where he belongs. And hopefully, after that, into jail, with any luck. This sort of stuff happens way too often.

Pete promised money would be sent 10 January 13

Needless to say no money and no communication

This guy is a total scammer

A total joke!

BEWARE!!!!!!

Dont be his next victim

Still nothing from Pete!!!

No returned emails anymore??

NOTHING

Far warning to Forum Members

BEWARE ! This is total fraud.

Pete is Alive! Nice vendor response Doubt anything is the truth here

Here is two responses for this FINE vendor

No intension on refunding my money.

CID remains involved

"
Your remarks on many e-mails asking if I'm still alive! Well lucky for some professional doctors in Canada I am..I had a Malignant tumour in My liver and had to have surgery. At 60 year old it can be dangerous.
I do not have medical in England so I'm on my way back to Canada for on going treatment. I just came back to sort out a few things.

Your question will be ' when are you going to pay me? Who cares about someone life Tom..money is the route of all evil! Right!

Answer: Working on it..and please stop with the B/S trying to turn this into some kind of fraud case, and stop complaining to the world through e-mails to everyone you know and internet blogs about your troubles...nobody cares Tom!...I got screwed on that deal...and trying to sort it all out. I contacted Scotland Yard and started a case against you for the trouble you caused me on the internet. It's a crime over here.
This is not Yanky Doodle Land. where your best friend, family or neighbour are the enemy! I feel sorry to you Americians...no wonder nobody likes you.

Please don't contact me...I will let you know when I have this sorted."

AND

Pete contacted a friend of mine out of UK on a car he had on ebay, in January
I know he was on the computer, he was using a different identity to contact him.
This is about the 4th identity I have seen him utilize.

" Very funny asshole!
Don't you have anything better to do with your sorry fucking life?
What does this pile of shit have to do with anything? Another one of your projects that are junk?

I have decided to block your e-mails from this point on... "

Customer service at it's finest

FRAUD!

Last edited:

Keith

Re: Pete Schomer Gearbox Fraud - Beware

Scotland Yard? Yeah right, they'd be all over this, no doubt....:laugh:

What BS.

BTW It hasn't been "Scotland Yard" for about 40-50 years, since they moved. It's now New Scotland Yard. Picky I know, but it's better than plucking a name out of an episode of Sherlock Holmes, hein?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

Wow! Someone needs their knees whacked.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Ah, the old malignant tumor... got to watch out for those malignant tumors, especially the ones between the ears that make a fellow do all sorts of terrible things.

Yo, Pete, God's listening, and the reward for people who fake cancer is guess what.....

Cancer.

Wow, Pete yells at Tom because Tom wants his money back?! Money is the root of all evil?! Sounds like Pete knows that personally.

I like the idea of the knees whacked deal. I'm pullin for you Tom

Tom S, just a thought, there may be a UK barrister/solicitor on this site here who could recommend a good person to take on your case who is local to Pete in the UK. It looks like a pretty clear case of fraud, and you should be able to recover your legal fees in addition to the $ you sent him. That is, of course, if Pete has any money....which he probably doesn't....

Pete

CURRENTLY BANNED

Hello GT40 lovers:
Like I said..this is between Tom and myself. Everyone here seems to have a solution and opinion to this problem, but none of you know what really happened. There are 3 sides to every story, and you have only heard one of them. Tom will get his money back once I get my money back from the scammers who took it from me. I can tell you it's more involved than just the gearbox. I have investigators and lawyers working on it as we speak.
One thing I can warn you all.. NEVER TRUST ANYTHING FOR SALE ON CRAIGS LIST!!! It should be REMOVED off the internet! I'm not in the business to rip anyone off, so I would ask that you people who make negitive comments please keep them to your selves..and that starts with Tom...

Back