RCR #010 Build Progress

Got my chassis back from powdercoat tonight. It is low gloss (20%) black and was applied after media blasting everything with alum oxide at 40 PSI

powdercoat%20001.jpg

powdercoat%20003.jpg

powdercoat%20009.jpg

I then proceeded to install the brake reservoirs, fill hoses, AC dryer, AC bulkhead fitting, and front brake hardlines.

finalassy%20001.jpg

powdercoat%20007.jpg

I'm tired, so decided to call it a night. Tomorrow, I'll tackle the suspension.

Cheers
Bill

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
It looks great, Bill.

Remember to scrape away the powdercoating when your are bolting something important together as it acts like a lubricant and will not allow the fastened parts to remain tight.

Chuck

Supporter
Bill:

Looking really good. I can see some benefit to powder coating at the end after everything is drilled and located - less risk of scratching the surface. I bet you get it together really quick!

Chuck

I hadn't really considered a dark chassis colour before, but yours looks great. I like how it makes everything you bolt on hyper-noticible.

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Bill,

Really sharp...everything you add pops out and good reason you had to pre set and install components before finished the coating...Good tip from Pat B re insuring any structural bolt on's don't have a powder coat interface ( I wouldn't have thought of that).

We're all waiting for completed pics andd your first run.

Great work, Steve P2125

Excellent Bill, I love the Satin Black finish to the chassis. Now you can now get onto the re-fitting at last!

Looking forward to the completion.

Chris

Chuck

Supporter
Bill:

It is looking SO good. Those chassis components are so awesome looking, it seems almost a shame to cover them up with a body! Keep the daily updates coming!

Chuck

Also got the pedal assembly in and the front support section attached. I hope to get a major portion of the wiring done tonight

Hi Bill, fastastic job! Make sure that when you are doing your electrical work the grounds have contact to bare aluminum. The powdercoat will act as an insulator perhaps causing weird electrical issues.

Chuck

Supporter
Bill:

The rear end looks as good as the front. Everything looks so clean and crisp. Even the inside of the brake rotors shine!

I made some panels to close up the front section. It came from RCR w/o any side or bottom panels.
finalassy%20025.jpg

And here are the panels installed with Cleckos
finalassy%20027.jpg

finalassy%20029.jpg

Mocked up my AC hoses
finalassy%20026.jpg

Installed the pedals. Still need to hook up the MC fill hoses and flex lines
finalassy%20028.jpg

Cheers
Bill

Back