RCR #010 Build Progress

damn.jpg

Bill, Too nice!! Are you going to put that clear plastic stuff on the nose to protect the paint chips? I foget what is called, but it works real well. I'm sure someone on the forum knows what it is called and where to get it.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,
I am looking forward to seeing your car on the cover of Kit Car.............
STUNNING!
Keith

Bill-- You're almost there. All the hard work has paid off, this car has set a standard that few will be able to achieve if any. Watching your build progress has been a real encouragement. Like everyone I'm looking forward to seeing this car with the body on and the finished upholstery. Congratulations on a beautiful job.
Vaughn

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, Too nice!! Are you going to put that clear plastic stuff on the nose to protect the paint chips? I foget what is called, but it works real well. I'm sure someone on the forum knows what it is called and where to get it.

3M Clearbra is the stuff. It's got it's ups and downs. I just removed it from the front of one car, and my Lotus come with it covering the entire car (factory application). I like it on the fender flares and rocker panels, but I won't put it on the front. Just don't follow too close and the nose will be OK.

The plastic is a b#tch to clean, it can get scratched and dented itself, and if you do get a chip (which you still can) you can't do much about it. It will also ultimately cause a difference in the paint colors... It's almost better to just plan to respray every so often. But if you have +4 fender flares like Bill, you will either need clearbra or you will never keep paint on them!

If the car is done at the painter it should be assembled by now , and no updates on its progress for twenty days is inexcusable. Come on Bill , I know you probably have
500 miles on it by now, post up some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron McCall

Supporter
If the car is done at the painter it should be assembled by now , and no updates on its progress for twenty days is inexcusable. Come on Bill , I know you probably have
500 miles on it by now, post up some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing!!

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, you must be one very happy guy. The car looks even more fantastic than I imagined. Great job! I hope you get some sleep tonight!

Mark

Back