T&L Engine Dev in North Carolina...

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Hi Cliff, T&L built my new engine this spring and I'm very satisfied. I was allowed any option and the build time was 60 days. They appear to be an internet company but they are a small, over qualified custom builder. Give them a call, ebay is just an advertising tool.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Cliff,
Pull that bullet out, stroke it and put some decent heads on. Craig Whitman in Kirkland has done a couple motors for me. Highly recommended. Don't forget the webers!!!

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

I too ordered a 347 stroker with Webers from T&L, unfortunately my experience hasn't been that good. I order mine in December 2006, after 16 weeks it was finally ready, however they built it on the wrong block..!! There seems to be a lack of communications within the company and a high turnover of staff. They ended up doing a rebuild with the right block but that took another 12 weeks. When the engine was finally delivered it was missing the water pump, which on the quote was included. I called Lloyd at T&L and asked that he ship a water pump...he never did. Countless calls and leaving messages got me no where. In the end I purchased a pump and we put the engine in the car. Then the next problem appeared, a significant coolant leak from the timing cover. Tried calling Lloyd again, I eventually got through and asked if he could call Bill Andrews regarding the leak, over two weeks went by and no call. I started calling Lloyd every morning until he finally picked up the phone. He is supposedly calling Bill today...we'll see.

After searching other forums I found I'm not the first to have problems and probably won't be the last. If you buy a canned package and you don't mind waiting they are probably OK. If you want something specific they might not be the best way to go. If you have any issues don't expect them to get resolved very quickly. It's been 10 months since I originally ordered the engine and I still don't have anything that runs. If I were to do it again I'd pick a builder that was in closer proximity, one that I could grab by the throat if necessary.

Would I recommend T&L.....at this point.....no.

Well they never did get the IDA's loyd said he could get, I ordered it 6-8-07, and they are shipping it today with a Holly. I"ll let you all know, when and how, it runs!
Strangly the other Loyd at RBT called and my ZF with 4.22's is also shipping today!!!!:):):):pepper::pepper::pepper::):):)
WOW IN A WEEK I GET TO INSTALL 347 and ZF
I think I better go play the lottery
Randy

Back