P1047

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
P1047 was shown at SAAC/SVRA this weekend. I had the distinct pleasure of having it in my shared paddock/display due to Dennis Olthoff. Dennis was asked to "track-test" 1047 (well, it is dirty job, but SOMEONE has to do it!)

The car is spectactular as one might expect finished in a dtriking gold color in full MK II "B" form.

A few small teething problems involving the T44's oil pump were fixed and Dennis made a couple of laps and pronounced the car "Outstanding!

What is it worth? I can't count over a few million so what does it matter?

Attachments

• 1047a.jpg
    1047a.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 658
  • 1047b.jpg
    1047b.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 655
  • 1047c.jpg
    1047c.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 692
  • 1047d.jpg
    1047d.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 695
  • 1047e.jpg
    1047e.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 696

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Notice how the sway bar is attached (like SPF does).

In my case FE powered like P1047 same arrangment

Steve P2125

Is it the Mk II that stayed for a long time in Japan ?

P1047 was shown at SAAC/SVRA this weekend. I had the distinct pleasure of having it in my shared paddock/display due to Dennis Olthoff. Dennis was asked to "track-test" 1047 (well, it is dirty job, but SOMEONE has to do it!)

The car is spectactular as one might expect finished in a dtriking gold color in full MK II "B" form.

A few small teething problems involving the T44's oil pump were fixed and Dennis made a couple of laps and pronounced the car "Outstanding!

What is it worth? I can't count over a few million so what does it matter?

I shot it for the owner and the restorer a week before this years LM Classic. Quite remarkable. The story of it's find is a movie waiting to be made.
Contact me for more info. Here is a link. By the way it was well over 100 and heat stroke came very close to making itself known : )
art & racing

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It's interesting that the front clip on this car has apparently been modified to tilt up rather than slide off the bobbins.

I would really like to know the paint code for that gold color. If anyone has access to such info..

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Aw Steve, don't start THAT thread again!!!!!

Or at least post it in the other thread....Yes, please, because it's NOT attached that way. The pivot is much shorter and the chassis is about 4 times thicker in that area. And yes, we covered this in the other thread. Boring.....

And yes, the car is "FE powered"..... with an iron block, dual quads, H-M dash, RHD, Le Mans rods, NASCAR crank, T44 transmission, internal chain driven dry sump. Yeah, just like Steve's. :laugh:

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
It's interesting that the front clip on this car has apparently been modified to tilt up rather than slide off the bobbins...

I could be wrong but I think all the Holman Moody cars were done that way. I also recall reading that HM wanted to pivot the rear clip at the front but got over-ruled or something like that. But my books are still put away so I can't verify.

Last edited:
Alan Not trying to add to confusion because I am not going through my books.
But I think the attachment of panels you refer to might be for Shelby's MKIV's. I think they wanted the backs to open upwards pivoted from the back. I cannot remember if it was rules that stopped them.
Regards Allan

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Alan Not trying to add to confusion because I am not going through my books.
But I think the attachment of panels you refer to might be for Shelby's MKIV's. I think they wanted the backs to open upwards pivoted from the back. I cannot remember if it was rules that stopped them.
Regards Allan

That was on the MK IVs. Shelby and Holman disagreed about the tail should hinge; Shelby from the rear and Holman from the front. All GT40s hinged at the rear. Shelby did indeed hinge at the rear on the MK IVs: witness J6 and the "grey tape/alligator belt"
incident at LeMans.

Some of the early GT40s had the hinged front clip setup. As time went on and access was available via the radiator exit pane,l the need for a hinged setup was outweighed by the complexity and weight so off to the dustbin it went.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I shot it for the owner and the restorer a week before this years LM Classic. Quite remarkable. The story of it's find is a movie waiting to be made.
Contact me for more info. Here is a link. By the way it was well over 100 and heat stroke came very close to making itself known : )
art & racing

The pictures on your website are beautiful from what I can tell. I certainly understand the need to watermark your work to protect it - but offering even low-resolution without the watermark stripe straight across the center of the image might help you sell more! I know that the pictures would be far more enjoyable to view at any rate..

Back to that gold again...

How would I find out the color code or at least what shade of gold that might be?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Back