The Price Difference is Shrinking

Looks like the price difference between the GTM and the SLC is shrinking more and more.

Factory Five raised the price of the GTM Kit by $5,000
without even counting the donor you are at

--$25,000 - for the kit
--$ 700 - G50 Adapter
--$1,300 - Wheels
--$1,350 - A/C

The Adapter, Wheels and A/C are included in the SLC kit, which is why I totaled it into the price.

Way to go Fran,, all this time, and the SLC price has remained unchanged.

Thanks guys...

if you actually include items like the cable shift, tilt and telescoping steering column, ISIS wiring system it gets even closer...again as you say all of this is included in the SLC package..

To take it one step further ...if all NEW components are ordered from GM at retail prices to complete the donor part of the GTM package then the price will jump ahead of the SLC quite quickly...

The SLC being available for purchase in stages makes it even more directly comparable too....

I have worked very hard to maintain the pricing for the of our kits over the years and have NEVER had a price increase....equally I have never had a "sale" either....:laugh:

Its a tough market and we all have to do what we can to provide the best value for money but also stay in business, which is certainly not as easy as it looks sometimes...

Last edited:
I've been around the replica/kit business for a while now and this is my 5th kit. IMO what elevates and distinguishes Fran's offering is the design and completeness of the kit with new parts which helps maintain value & quality i.e. there is less likelihood of a builder using suspect parts, and an intelligent buyer should figure this out quickly. I could write an epistle on this but I think guys who are already on board know where I'm coming from.

I have worked very hard to maintain the pricing for the of our kits over the years and have NEVER had a price increase....equally I have never had a "sale" either....:laugh:

I have huge respect for someone that can build world class product and recognizes that keeping cost down is high priority!

We need someone with this mentality in our government!

Some people dream of buying a Porsche or a Ferarri. I dream of having the time to properly build one of Fran's cars. Been restoring vintage mustangs for years, and have an '04 cobra as my DD. I dreamed of building a 427 cobra, until I saw my first GT40 kit. Now the SLC has be VERY conflicted.

Mark:

Similar background with Mustangs and got lost in Porsches for years. Always thought GT40 or Pantera until the SLC lead me away. Be careful, or you'll end up drifting over to the LMP concept and there is little return to something mundane after that.

I always looked at the GTM as great for the money and a way for many to own a mid engine supercar for less coin. I look at the SLC/LeMans as just great ways to own a righteous mid engine supercar that can be personalized in different to low cost, but a bonus because of it.

I dreamed of building a 427 cobra, until I saw my first GT40 kit. Now the SLC has be VERY conflicted.

Dr. Katz here - get the SLC. People will see the GT40 & say awesome - see the SLC and... WTF are you kidding!

Whatever greases the monkey -- different strokes for folks.

Be careful, or you'll end up drifting over to the LMP concept and there is little return to something mundane after that.

Agreed... what does one get after a LMP.

And here is one we shipped out this week

Attachments

• 917.jpeg
    917.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 374
Plus Fran's cars come with all that over the top cool billet aluminum suspension pieces. I think that's what sold me! :)

For me the price difference of time was a factor. Sure, I work for free, but that takes me away from other work where I can get paid so that adds up really quickly. As I see it the SLC should be able to built in less than half the time when you take into consideration all that needs to be done to the GTM with body fitment and all.

SLC only...the harness is designed as a bolt in and integrates the steering column stalks and the tilt/tele function....along with many other standard SLC circuits.

Back