1st RCR Go-Kart

After getting my car on 11-21-2006 I took it for the first shake down run. WOW! My first impression was that it felt like a go kart with a V-8. Although the engine is not broken in yet the car really feels good on the road. I am kinda a semi authority on go karts as it has been my hobby from the time I was 10 years old. I would like to thak everyone that has posted their builds on the forum and of course Fran for such a high quality product! Oh by the way, my neighbors love me :) More pictures to follow....

Attachments

• P1010079.jpg
    P1010079.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,391
  • PC250038.jpg
    PC250038.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,338

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Bill!!!!

I started my racing career in Karts many (yes very many) years ago!!! :)

Please post more pictures of your build.

What Transmission are you using?

Are those RCR Headers?

I'm drooling!!!! :D

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Bill the RCR looks great, but the "real" kart is what caught my eye; is that a pair of B-bomb's or Parillas on there? I raced Komets on Margays back in the late 60's. Do you know if Linda Emmick is still in business? She and I raced the same class and were friends back then, along with Lake Speed and a few others who I can't remember.

Bill----Great job on your car!! I'm really thankful for the helpful suggestions that you given me over the phone. I'm only two hours from Sacramento so I'm looking forward to visiting you with camera in hand. I'm also looking forward to hearing how well your air conditioning works out after you install the plentom. That car is going to be a real black beauty and I can't wait to see it screaming down the highway. I'm sure you feel the same way.

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn and John,
John,The Kart engines are 125cc PCR's. I know Linda and they are still in business.Boy are we giving are age away.

Hi.

Looks beautiful. First hand knowledge from someone who has raced is v. valuable ( have raced in the UK in VSCC events.) I am shortly going to order a kit and RCR is top of the list hence my interest. Realising that the RCR has highly adjustable suspension and it will take some time to dial in I would still be interested in your early thoughts about how the car behaves, especially when you start to "lean on it" a bit.

Good luck and much enjoyment

John

Ron McCall

Supporter
Amazing progress Bill!!!! That makes two running and driving RCR cars!!!!
If you think it feels like a go kart now,wait until you get race rubber and sway bars on it!!!!

More pictures, I going to try to have the body on by the weekend will post more shots than.

Attachments

• P1010001a.JPG
    P1010001a.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,023
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 962
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 974
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 973
  • P1010002a.JPG
    P1010002a.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 957
Bill, I used a Ford racing short water pump. Since Audi output shafts sit low on transaxle,the engine sits back further than a ZF.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Since I'm using a G50 trans - I'm wondering where my engine will be located in reference to the ZF and Audi? I understood that the Audi trans made it necessary to mount the engine 1.5" higher in the chassis. Given the angle of the bulkhead, that would move the water pump pulley closer to the bulkhead.

Hmmmmmmmmm......

Watching and reading carefully between the lines... :)

BTW - I raced Karts back in the late 60's. McCulloughs usually. Had a pair of MAC-6's and then 6A's then stepped up to some really weird Enduro Class for a couple of races where we ran a pair of MAC-101's screeching along at roughly 20,000 RPM.. My hearing has been bad ever since..

looks incredible in black!!

what do you have mounted above your coolant tubes in the front? i spy a little yellow cap.

Bill, could you post a photo looking straight down at your half shafts. I am fitting the engine and trans right now and I am curious how far forward you have mounted yours. It would also be helpful to know how long the spacers you used to mount the trans adaptor to the frame are.

Back