1st RF in UK

Hi all,

The good news is that we have got the first RF kit entering UK in Sept. It is chassis no 99 and has been bought by a guy called Jerry Evans, who flew all the way out to Australia (for a day!) to meet Robert Logan and see the factory and the cars.

Jerry is 6ft 3 and so he also wanted (quite understandably) to make sure that he fitted in the car

It will be nice to see a new model at the UK trackdays!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will Jerry be giving it "large" with the boys and girls then at the hill climbs ?

That would be awesome!

At least then it wouldn't just be MDA vs GTD

As I understand it, the RF should be a very quick build by being so complete, that will give the MDA a run for its money in more ways than one, Frank

I think so JP!

He seems the kind of guy who uses his toys, so I would be surprised if it stays in the garage.

You seem to have so many goodies on yours though, he might steer clear of you!

Best

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Frank,

I am sure both will end up being really nice cars - it can only be good for the industry and those who love the 40 to offer different options.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great news Rick -

Especially if he chooses to 'come and join the fun'

The more the merrier!! and as they say,

once driven - forever smitten! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Rick,

Congratulations to you.

This has been a GREAT week for me, first car into the UK (sand to the Arabs, coles to Newcastle as they say) and the sale of our HUNDREDTH car. I am sure there are not to many companies got to those numbers. Sorry about the self praise, but I am tickled pink with BOTH the milestones.

For those who do not know Jerry Evans, he is a gentle giant and I mean GIANT. He is 6' 3" tall and could easily play as a linebacker or #8 in that game played in heaven. We had to do some work to get him in with thinner padding on the seats etc. but in he got. I hope we did not overload him in his fleeting visit.

I for one welcome him to our family, but not only do I welcome him I recommend you all get to know him. He has a wealth of experience with kit cars and in particular 'buggies'.

Best wishes,

Robert

Malcolm

Supporter
I was tempted to make some silly remark about rugby and Australia but having just bought the first UK RF and at 6'3" I guess I know which side Jerry is playing for right now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

100 cars now sold. That is a great acheivement Robert, well done. As you say, not all manufacturers have/will get that far.

If Jerry is to play on the hills, feel free to contact me to ask any questions you like. GTD, MDA and RF all on the hills, they will be alive with the sound of music....V8 rock and roll!

Robert & Rick

May I suggest that you make it a condition of sale to Jerry that he posts regular build pictures to let us all see how good the RF is!

I had been thinking about a Tornado kit but now that RFs are available in the UK I'm leaning towards them. Won't be for a couple of years yet though.

yeehaa!!!! got the forty!many many thanks to Robert and his family for their outstanding hospitality. I would recommend the trip to see the factory to anyone- absoloutly amazing!! must go- in singapore airport on way home. Many many thanks again Robert, and thanks to Rick as well for all his help.

Graham,

Knowing Jerry as I do, we will have trouble keeping him off the website!

I am sure he will send you any info you need, as well as posting his piccies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick

Congratulations Jerry for getting the 100th RFGT40 !! And
congtratulations to Robert on making that many wonderful GTs.
When I bought my kit four years ago I knew then that this car was special from every aspect. Robert continues to look for ways to make owning this great car more fun.
I loved it when the announcer on that TV program stated that Roaring Forties builds one of the best GT40 replicas in the world. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I too would highly recommend a trip to Roberts factory. The monies spent to get there is worth every nickel. Robert will show you his factory and parts of Australia seldom seen by most tourists. A beautiful place .. Man ! I loved those round-A-bouts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Can everyone guess Jerry is a tad excited by this purchase of his? Way to go....

[ QUOTE ]
A beautiful place .. Man ! I loved those round-A-bouts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hersh, get to the UK, even though our country most likely fits in Roberts back garden in Aus, we have more roundabouts than anywhere on earth but with the added benefit of them being smaller and connected by twisty roads! I never thought of Milton Keynes as a holiday destination....billions of roundabouts though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you want roundabouts Milton Keynes is definitely the place to be.

Attachments

• 37663-gif.jpg
    37663-gif.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 320
hi guys,
i would recommend that any body who is thinking about getting a forty takes a look at the roaring forty kit.
Ive been involved with the kit car industry now for a few years and have never seen a kit that betters the roaring forties car.
its quality far exceeds that of other kits avalible by a long way.
my background is in engineering in the nuclear power industry,where the quality of parts used have to be exceptional, yet i was amazed at the work being done by the factory, from the manufacture of the components through to the building of the cars themselves.
i was so impressed with the company that ive brought one of their kits and would definatly reccomend them to anybody.
ive looked at all the alternative fourty kits avalible in the u.k. and none of them are in the same leauge as the roaring forties kit.
mine is going to be chassis#99, and will hopefully be here in september.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Jerry

I have heard you are tall and made a trip to RF for a fitting.

I went to see a Tornado over the weekend and came up stumped again. (I'm 6'3" woith long legs)
We removed the seat.
I then sat on the Alum floor - back against the firewall and with my feet under the pedals and on the bulkhead my knees were still attached to the steering wheel.

So I tried easing my backside back - sitting more upright and my head was bent sideways when the door closed.

I am beginning to think I will never get into a 40!

Question to Jerry / Robert / Rick / Hersh or who ever.What is the tallest person that can fit in a RF, and soes this entail moving the pedal bulkhead forward? If so what protection is offered to the pedal area etc. in an accident? Are the drivers feet in front or behind the front wheel centerline? Do these modifications require removing of any chassis parts and if so what fabrication is required to get everything back to strength?

Sorry I asked one question and got carried away! Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

Hi Ian,
i too tried the tornado kit for size, but the roofline was level with my nose when sat in, my feet were up against the front bulkhead, and my knees hard up into the lower dashboard rail.
flew over to oz last week to try the roaring forties car for size. i fitted with room to spare above my head(about an inch and a quarter with the thinner style of padding) my feet were comfortably on the pedals with room for my knees. The pedals were positioned for a short person, if they were to be moved forward(there was about an inch and a half of movement left though i reckon i would need only about an inch) then the positioning would be perfect for me.
I'm 6'3" tall with an inside leg mesurement of 32", weight just over 19 stone(about 125kg's) and am very broad across the shoulders, yet fitted comfortably.
the chassis doesnt need any modication like you were describing.
I'd definatly recommend a trip down under to try the car and veiw the factory(its amazing!!!). air fares cost me only £520 flying with British Airways economy.
If you have more questions then just ask, i'll be happy to help.
cheers jerry.
p.s. if you do go watch out for the bar prices at singapore airport-ouch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been involved with the kit car industry now for a few years and have never seen a kit that betters the roaring forties car.
its quality far exceeds that of other kits avalible by a long way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently you should have had a closer look at MDA. Could have saved yourself a flight! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll see you all quite soon with the first finished MDA resplendent in its all conquering quality! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
.What is the tallest person that can fit in a RF, and soes this entail moving the pedal bulkhead forward? If so what protection is offered to the pedal area etc. in an accident?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian,

Go down to Exeter and get in my car, you should fit because I do! I'm 6ft 1ish. The MDA offers side impact protection and extra bracing around the footwell area. Pedals are fully adjustable fore and aft. Same deal as the RF I expect.

Worth a go!

Back