2306 is finishing production, going into paint next week. Its going to be a RHD sill shift, mid tail Mk1. Color will be gulf blue but with twin white stripes, somwehre between the Mk1 and Mk2 stripes in width. As a new build GT40 I feel free not to follow any historic color pattern and just go with what appeals.

Dennis Oltroff is doing the install, it will be primarily setup for track use, but somewhat streetable, so upgraded springs, swaybars adjustable shocks roll bar, fuel bladders etc.

KC is building the motor a Dart 302 with all the good stuff in it, like billet 3,25 crank big bore solid lifter shaft rockers titanium valves etc. The idea is to get around 500hp and close of 500ftlbs orf torque somewhere just north of 7k rpm in a very runbd smooth running motor. Induction will be a 4 barrel carb. While I love the look of stacks the money is going into the internals, and evrybody I asked says a 4barrel puts out max power with ease, maybe burns a little more fuel.

After a lot of planning, its finaly happening and starting to feel real.

Congratulations, Sean! It will be fun to watch our two cars come together at about the same time. I did not specifically get timing on when mine will be in paint. I suspect I may actually be behind you.

Pre paint today.
Gt40

Attachments

• GT40P2306238.jpg
    GT40P2306238.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 530
More progress

Attachments

• GT40238panels(2).zip
    238.9 KB · Views: 283
  • GT40238panels(2).jpg
    GT40238panels(2).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 539
KC has started on the motor Tansmission order is in, need to finalise gear rationms next week, then its wait untill all ready to be put together.

Terrific progress! The color is of course fantastic. I will let you know when I hear mine has left South Africa. The container mine is in is headed straight to Michigan. I hear 4-6 weeks transit time.

- Jeffrey

Sean,

Great job on doing all your homework. When I visited Dennis's shop during my build, the Gulf R car that they maintain was there with a very similar motor and it sounded absolutely incredible. You will love the shifting with the RHD, no driving issues for me so far. Are you doing a dry sump system?

Mike

Sean,

Great job on doing all your homework. When I visited Dennis's shop during my build, the Gulf R car that they maintain was there with a very similar motor and it sounded absolutely incredible. You will love the shifting with the RHD, no driving issues for me so far. Are you doing a dry sump system?

Mike

Yes doing the drysump. Also fuel bladders instead of tanks, will work out some roll bar cage with Dennis.

Most of the car will be track optimised, still has AC though, and the ability with adjustable shocks to soften enough for street use, ie just for smooth roads and no traffic humps due to Rh and stiffer springs .

But if I want to turn it into a primarily street car, all it should take is putting the stock springs and shocks back.

Attachments

• GT40238panels(1).jpg
    GT40238panels(1).jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 574
More pics of the day, getting closer

Attachments

• GT40238Nose(1).jpg
    GT40238Nose(1).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 426
  • GT40238Rear(2).jpg
    GT40238Rear(2).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 428
Very exciting Sean! I received basically this same photo of my car on Feb 12. Within two weeks of that, photos of a complete car waiting for a container. I'm hoping mine has already found it's way into a container....or will soon.

- Jeffrey

Pic of the day, apparently shipping is by month end and 5 weeks, all things being equal I could be driving by mid June.

Attachments

• GT40238.jpg
    GT40238.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 471

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I do like that color. What wheels are you planning on and how are you going to finish them?

Back