5 point vs. 6 point harness

That's the first time I've heard or read someone preferring a 5 point over a 6 point and saying the 5 point was more comfortable and the 6 point was the harness that was "grabbing stuff".

Obviously you have more experience than most on this board.

Not sure of the size of the belts I normally use, I've driven wayyyy too many cars lately (good problem to have). Also, I'm definitely I'm not fully aware of the difference in level of safety. Just telling it from the standpoint of what I've driven and it's comfortability. Safety > comfortability in the end.
I just know after several hard braking zones, the crossed belts underneath my crotch tend to become awfully uncomfortable and begin to pinch in some not-so-fun areas. And a little bit messier like I said.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Pros/Cons of each? Any thoughts/experiences with either?

I've been following this thread with interest because I'm about to replace an out of date 5 point system and was considering a 6 point.
Based on the thread below, 6 point CAN be better as long as it is installed 'correctly'.

Based on the information in the thread, I'd need a new seat, too.
The current one has one hole, but it is not wide enough to give the correct spacing.

Just some more information that I thought y'all would like to read.

5 point vs 6 point harness. - NASIOC

Kirby
PS: Thanks to Mike Trusty for finding that thread.

Back