8 Stack EFI Borla / Inglese

I am currently attempting to construct a Lexan cover for the TWM/Borla injectors. This will be fitted with K & N rectangular filter(s) mounted on either side or rear of the injectors. This will leave the view of the bells unobstructed. I plan also to block out as much of the heat of the engine as possible at the same time. This will involve enlarging the opening of the surround. The air temp sensor will be moved to this area to get a better reading. There will be some heat that will come from the front of the engine because the distributor, fuel lines, and regulator come in from there. I also want to add thin filters to the side upper vents to try and keep the surround area clean. All the measurements I have taken seem to be feasible. Will do a mock up first to see what will not work. Not sure which thickness of the lexan to use at this time. Probably 3/16.

Bill

Great info on the Borla
In the process of installing Borla eight stack on my 41 Willys with 502 BBC
Had a nice 850Holley. Had some difficulty finding the right sensors but now trying to figure out the TV cable as it is about 2-3 inches short of the throttle body post. Does anyone know of extensions or I guess new cables used to remedy this problem Also any info about the correct specs on idle and WOT position with cable in place would be great
:thumbsup: J Hicks

Hi Dave:

Which ECU are you running?? I have the eight stack using the PE3 ECU. That said, I noticed that Olthoff has their own ECU.

Thanks,

Tom
SPF P2284

Hi Bill,

I did something similar on my hilborn EFI setup. Mounted the water-jet cut bottom plate on a set of stand-off tubes that were a slide fit over the stacks, and secured it by bolting it down on each side with small diameter bolts visible in the photo.

andrewrobertson-albums-mclaren-m1b-replica-build-photos-picture1462-airbox.jpg

Used a rectangular K&N filter and sandwiched a poly-carb top under a water-jet cut top peice bolted to the base plate using threaded rod and stan-offs the same height as the filter.

Cheers, Andrew Robertson,
Wellington, New Zealand

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I'm using the ECU that was the original design for the Eight Stack system. It was developed by Dynatek, the company that first developed the system and then sold out to Eight Stack. It's a batch injection set-up, which runs fine on my car. But I'm pretty certain that Dennis' system is much better at this point and must easier to work with if you want to play with the settings. I assume his system is sequential, which I've heard is better.

I'm currently looking at EFI Hardware from Melbourne Australia they have a street/ strip version , looks interesting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 403
Word of caution on the oxygen sensor mount it where it faces down. I went with facing up trying to hide the big ugly thing sticking out of the snakes. Big mistake. it failed and started sending lean conditions to the computer pouring huge amounts of gas to compensate.
barely made it home. change the sensor, the position of the sensor and changed the contaminated oil. been fine ever since. Failed within 1000 miles
lesson learned
Inglese 8 stack on 351w
LLoyd

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Tom:

I'm using Dynatek's original ECU which they referred to as a Pantera unit. It's red in color and is a batch fired set-up.

Dave

Back