930 Stub Adaptor

Hey all,

No I am not a vendor here, so the details I can offer are understandably limited, but I have developed a stub axle that converts a Corvette hub, I am currently using SKF 5049s, to a Porsche 930 CV joint flange. This allows use of standard 28 spline axles at any length that is currently available as "standard".

What I am looking for is if there is any market here for this part. It is a rather expensive piece that I have developed for my racing endeavors. It is 300M and I believe it to be FAR from the weakest link in the drivetrain.

Anyway, I won't discuss where to get it or how much it costs, either on this board or in a PM, since I'm not a vendor, but if this is something you could use or sounds interesting, reply here so I can get a feel as to whether it would be worth it to me to become a vendor.

Here's a pic of the parts.

Thanks in advance for any questions or comments.

Attachments

• GTM 31 SPL 2 R.jpg
    GTM 31 SPL 2 R.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 961
I have a sb Chev with a 930 gearbox, and I'm using C5 hubs and 1/2 shafts. I would be interested in the possibility of getting your stub adaptor. Can you advise when they may be available and the cost when you can. Thanks, Brett

I have these in stock now, but can't advertise because of not being a vendor. I am also currently long term testing these on a Prototype race car and would not feel confident in "putting them out there" until after they have been successfully proven under the very stressful conditions of very long endurance racing. This testing should be done by the end of this year as the 25 Hours Of Thunderhill is our final stress test, so early next year is looking like a release date. I don't anticipate any issues, as none have been reported yet and the parts are WAY overbuilt, but I want to be sure.

About all I can do for you at this point is tell you that there IS an option out there, and it will be available very shortly.

If it looks like there is enough interest here to sell at least 8 sets of these, then I will become a vendor and fill the requests.

Again, if anyone is interested, please speak up. :)

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Quite nicely made, Crash.
They are also readily available from RCR in the US or myself in Australia -- ours have been in service for at least 15 years

Attachments

• Corvette hub and CV drive spindle (Small).jpg
    Corvette hub and CV drive spindle (Small).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 879
Cool. OK. Didn't mean to step on anyones toes or anything.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you get for that part in USD?

Also, again if you don't mind me asking, do you have anything that mates to the newer 2009+ ZR1 hubs? Maybe I can buy them instead of making them. :)

Interestingly enough, here's Frans reply from another thread:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No they dont...sorry no Vette uprights either....we use a GM bearing but not a C5

We already make a similar part that is used on all the RCR models...it uses a roll formed spline and thread and is also chromoly...we have never broken one either.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

RCR-40..Mk1, 2 and Mk4
RCR-70 Mk3b
RCR-70 Spider
RCR-P4
Superlite Coupe
Superlite Roadster...including Electrolite
RCR917
XJ13 for SCF
www.RACECARREPLICAS.COM
www.superlitecars.com<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which suggests that that part you show there is for a different application. Can you give me any more clarification or details please?

Back