A/C will not work

Been working trying to resolve an issue with the Vintage A/C unit is not working. The A/C clutch is not engaging and the Infinity Rear power cell light number 10 is not appearing when power is supplied. I have checked for the Inverter in the wiring for the fans control and it is there. I tried to taking the triary switch out the equation by jumping the a/c control circuit from the Infinity system and A/C thermostat switch. We are getting normal voltage input side of the inverter and we get 4.87V (off) or 8.5V (on) at the output going to Master-cell. Any ideas?

Tony
I recall an unusual connection from the Infinity Master cell and the Vintage Air relay. I had to call Jay at Infinity to get it right. I also had to modify the Vintage box to make it fit so I had to replace the “regulator” with an inline unit. I’m not the AC expert on this, but it wasn’t the simplest install.

Probably doesn’t help you much....do you have more detail on your install....perhaps one of us will see it.

Locate the master cell input wire for the ac clutch, the one with the inverter. Cut the wire between the inverter and the master cell. With the ignition on, ground that wire that is still connected to the master cell.
The circuit for the ac clutch should then come on in the rear power cell and the fan circuit in the front power cell should come on.

If the circuit does come on and you're getting power to the in line inverter then the inverter is wired wrong (I've seen this many times)
If the circuit doesn't come on when the wire is grounded then it's a problem with the master cell.

After evaluating the original AC offering Will and I went an entirely different route. Because of this, the AC system was probably the hardest system for me to complete. Hopefully all that is much better now.

Obviously you are way beyond this but, I remember Scott found a nice compact unit that seemed to be the best fit yet. Another note on AC, USE A SPRING LOADED TENSIONER, In my experience (on installs that use a separate AC belt) the manual AC tensioners throw belts repeatedly.

Tony
I recall an unusual connection from the Infinity Master cell and the Vintage Air relay. I had to call Jay at Infinity to get it right. I also had to modify the Vintage box to make it fit so I had to replace the “regulator” with an inline unit. I’m not the AC expert on this, but it wasn’t the simplest install.

Probably doesn’t help you much....do you have more detail on your install....perhaps one of us will see it.
Dan, what regulator did you use?

Tony
All can recall is it is straight piece of tubing that the local AC shop told me to use. I’m moving so all my books are packed. I’ll bet one of your local shop will know exactly what that is.

Back