A Scoundrels Car and a Hooligans Boat. All together.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, as I opined on another forum...this would sure make for a swell "get away" car. Especially in swamp country. Unless there were a p.d. chopper involved in the pursuit.

Just "for info": There are 3 or 4 different rigs conceptually similar to these being made these days.

Well, as I opined on another forum...this would sure make for a swell "get away" car. Especially in swamp country. Unless there were a p.d. chopper involved in the pursuit.

Just "for info": There are 3 or 4 different rigs conceptually similar to these being made these days.

More like 12 Larry. The Dutton Commander was made here in blighty many moons ago , there are a few more on the slide show.

Bob

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/9319439/10-amphibious-cars.html?image=1

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jeep has been known to bring big lawyers to the table when someone encroaches on the Jeep "Look".. Ask Hummer...

That said...

COOL!!!!!

Keith

Yes it's very 'Jeepy' isn't it.? Motor is obviously a turbo/supercharged Honda and propulsion is water jet otherwise I think the water would have been a bit redder.

The one downside to those things would be salt water. No matter what you did, you'd be looking at a pile of rusticles within a year.

All those Top Gear tests on the sands? Very romantic with all the salt spray everywhere. I wouldn't want to be the poor sod that ended up buying them as 'ex-demo low mileage' specials.... :thumbsdown:

PS I liked the 'wheels up' facility, although you'd have to be pretty sure they relocated with 100% accuracy before fast roading it wouldn't you?

Keith

In the UK you would register it as a car and simply pay harbour/river and/or launching dues to the appropriate authority. There is no need for Registration as a boat unless it is subject to a finance arrangement in which case it should be full Registered as a British Ship or more simply entered on to the SSR (Small Ships Registry) system which also identifies the vessel in case of theft.

I hope this answers your question.

Back