A Tribute To My Son

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
My son at 32 years of age just passed last Monday in a drowning accident. He was a kind hearted soul willing to help anyone. I never saw him raise his voice in anger. He was thoughtful and articulate. He was interested in many things including my crazy GT40 endeavor. Now that seems insignificant. He liked to cook, he liked the arts such as music, philosaphy, and much more. He loved the outdoors and was camping with his mother and some friends when he passed. She was there and struggled to save him. She is my hero. He was with her to the end. My heart aches. To my son whom I am well pleased.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Oh my God Pete... How dreadful!!!!!
My son is also 32 and into many of the sames things as yours (cooking passion, Arts, etc.)..,
I am certain that you are both absolutely devastated... My heartfelt condolences to you and your wife... You will be in my prayers...

Howard Jones

Supporter
We lost our middle daughter to a road accident several years ago....................When you find yourself thinking about the accident force yourself to focus on a happy time. I used to keep a picture of Shawn on the beach on Maui in my wallet for that purpose. It has since been enlarged and put on he wall.

God bless you and your wife.

Steve

Supporter
Pete,

Very sad to hear of your son's passing. No parent should ever have to lose a child. Please be safe, you'll be in my prayers.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pete, I can't imagine the things going on in your mind right now. Stay strong, and focus on the good memories you have. My condolences to you and yours. We are here for you.

Kindest Regards
Brian

Pete, I am so sorry for your loss. Sue and I lost our youngest, Ted was 29, five years ago this week. A few thoughts. We Dads love our children but we are not their Mom. That relationship is very special. Take care of his Mom. If I can paraphrase the Vice President who was speaking to families who had lost servicemen about the loss of his wife and daughter, there will come a time, when thinking about your child, that a smile will come to your lips before a tear to your eye. Howard's advice is helpful.
You are in our prayers.
Mike

Thats absolutely terrible news pete, Fran and i send our deepest sympathies to you at this difficult time,

regards Kaspa

Pete

Lifetime Supporter
I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and kindness. It really helps my spirit knowing people care.

To my GT40 friends....thank you thank you thank you.

Pete

Back