Aaron's SL-C build...

New gauges arrived... These are really nice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 562
Tonight I made a run for a few supplies needed to mock up the forms for a few pieces that I'm going to make for my dash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 496
Aaron. Thanks for posting the gauges. I contacted them and plan to go with some custom ones from them.

As a note, they can do different things as you like. I plan to use the 4-1 gauge set, a 2-1 rpm to 10K and 200 or 240 mph setup. I also plan on a boost gauge in the middle. They can do custom colors and graphics on it. I might do an SLC on the gauge face with yellow background and should go well with the green exterior.

The things our SLC owners find and share is great. I hope to give back a bunch of ideas in the near future myself.

Whoa!!!! A ton of hours making that rear upper bulkhead panel. Measure, measure, pattern, cut, drill, sound deadening, heat wrap, riv nuts... OMG!!! Crazy, but it fits great and looks nice too.

Attachments

• rear upper bulkhead_2_28_2015_001.jpg
    rear upper bulkhead_2_28_2015_001.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 473
  • final body fitting_2_28_2015_002.jpg
    final body fitting_2_28_2015_002.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 445
Shifter shortened by 1" to make more clearance to the gauge panel. 1/2"-20 die required. A lathe helps if you have one as well ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 477
Yesterday I fabricated the support brackets for the front of the dash panel. I also created the backup plates for the door catches and am working towards completing the links between the outside door release handles and the door catches.

Back