About Ready to make some noise

My CAV project has taken a little longer than expected. Due to some unforseen problems (repairing a leak in my garage roof and having to tear up the sun deck to get to it, Damn Racoons!).
The fuel system requirement for the fuel inj. have been completed and I am now working on the wiring of the pump and various sensors. I did make a change to suit me in the exhaust system. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 23637-pipes.JPG
    23637-pipes.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 360
Forgot to ad to the previous text, if you look at the picture upper left, you can also see the Gurney Bump.

Vic

Hi Dave. those are not mufflers, but straight thru Megaphones. they came from Summit racing. They are highly polihed Stainless, 18 inches long, 2 1/2 inlet and 3 1/2 on the outlet. I had to make up a 7 1/2 extention (also stainless to get the proper length. I should have the extetions welded on, as well as the bung for the O2 sensor which I will need for the Air-Fuel ratio meter.

Vic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hey Vic,
car looks good, about time you turned that key.
Did you get the magazine yet? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Vic,
when you run your engine is there any chance of posting a short audio clip to let us all hear it? Reminds me of when I had a Triumph (bike) with 'open' goldie (BSA Gold Star) pattern silencers. I was always being told to get off the road by the police: the local sergeant had a rod he used to put into the silencer to prove it had no baffles. Ah but,
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.
Engine installation looks superb.
Dave M

Hello David, I can relate to the Motorcycle situation. About 30 yrs. ago I restored a 1956 Matchless 500 Single. No exhaust system was available, so I made my own, welded it, ground and polished the whole thing and had it chromed, even made my own megaphone using the fomula of the day for the cone. It turned out to my liking and with no baffles it was one of the best sounding bikes I ever had, and I think the best handling machine I had.
As far as the exhaust on the 40, I have heard said, "If it's to loud, your too old", and I just turned 63 a couple of months ago. Another is, "Loud pipes save Lives".

Vic

Back