abs system on my GT40

I'm thinking buy a CAV GT, and to put an ABS system on it... Which system is the most adapted, and has anybody got any experience with it....

Last edited:
Ive had these thoughts too. After a bit of research, I would have been best to get a complete OEM system out of the latest of cars and put that in.
And depending on how flash you want to get, get one with the latest ESC (electronic stability control) as part of the setup.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
I'm strongly considering running ABS on my next build. ESC isn't really an option, as there are many additional variables...including Engine management system, Yaw Rate Sensing, and a CAN interface tool with the ability to tap into the ESC system code so you can tune it, which is also significantly different with each suppliers ESC system. Plus, than anyone could drive it fast..........where's the fun in that:D

This a good question. When the day comes I get a 40, I thought about ABS. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as aftermarket ABS. Hmmmm..I sense a business opportunity. I should dig out my old microprocessor programmming books and put my engineering degree to good use (does anybody still use Fortran-77?)

I also figure traction control would be a good addition too...and there's no shortage of aftermarket out there to accomplish it.

Joe

Back