Al fun: Good GT-40 vanity plates

Custom license plates that you have, or have seen, or are contemplating. Example: 4U2NV,
4REKILR. cb

G

My vanity plate reads 65 GT40. Not very clever but ........

Ben

Well, I said it long ago, but it's
worth repeating:

ENZOWHO

grin.gif

And, no, it doesn't begin with an A!

Ian

Hi all,

Some of you guys are lucky. All we get in Oregon are 6 characters for the plates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Have fun!

John

My is nothing cryptic - GT40P,

Unfortunately the plate GT40 was issued as a standard public plate about 12 years ago, before we had personalised plates in New Zealand. Last I heard it's on a old Transit Van :-( .
If I really wanted this plate bad enough, I would have had to buy the van and re-register the plate over to the build car.

Cheers
John

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Mine is "URLOSER". There are too many Fast and the Furious wanna be's in Virginia Beach so when they are behind me I like to remind them that they can not get by American V8 power in a great handling car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 20161-SAAC 28-04.jpg
    20161-SAAC 28-04.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 349
In Georgia, ( USA ) my plate is "COOLCR" only 6 letters are permitted this year. Starting in 2004 seven letters will be allowed. I have reserved "COOLCAR", "1FASTMF", and "GTFORTY". GT40 is already taken. I don't think that I would beable to drive around my neighborhood with "1FASTMF". So I probably will go with "GTFORTY". Another thought for all you guys is to put one of your initials in front of "GT40", like for me it would be "JGT40".

Unless you are from California, the plates are not really that special. In Cali. however, Black plates were used on 60s cars only. And no I did not paint my white plates /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 20238-GET40.JPG
    20238-GET40.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 303

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I used to have a Porsche with the license plate AMFYOYO. I'm thinking about getting it again for my GT40, when it is finally on its' feet and rolling.

I just signed up for "FORDGT" yesterday at the Registry of Motor Vehicles. "GT40" was taken (probably by somebody on this forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) and they wouldn't let me have "GT4O" (ltter "O", not zero).

Hey, if the Ford GT guys are willing to pay $220,000 a copy for the car then maybe someone will pay $1,000 for my plate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Anyway, my "FORDGT" plate will look pretty silly on my Toyota until I get my RF on the road and transfer the plate.

Hey Mark, I'm going to have to put my plate (MK1 GT40) on a Nissan until after January when I can register mine! I plan to get one of those dumb licence plate holders that says "My other car is a" just for aggravation until the transfer!

Back