Albany 2007

We've just had a long weekend here in Western Australia. Each year, on this weekend, the Vintage Sports Car Club of Western Australia holds an around-the-houses event and hillclimbs at the very pleasant south coast town of Albany here in Western Australia. I can thoroughly recommend it. A very pretty area with lots to see and do besides the car events. It was great to see the classic racing machines in the streets of the town. Some rain, but the weather was generally kind.

There were two RF GT40's running in the Saturday hillclimb. Sorry, no times, but well done Ricky and Peter.

Lance

Attachments

• Albany 01.JPG
    Albany 01.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 395
  • Albany 02.JPG
    Albany 02.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 423
  • Peter 01.JPG
    Peter 01.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 409
  • Peter 02.JPG
    Peter 02.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 427
  • Ricky 01.JPG
    Ricky 01.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 426
  • Ricky 02.JPG
    Ricky 02.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 434
Thanks Lance.

It was great to meet up with you and the weekend was thoroughly enjoyed.

I did not manage to see my times for the hill climb runs but I was not going overly hard. There is not much margin for error up Mount Clarence.

We were again not allowed to run in the round the houses (because the cars are replicas, which is contradictory to the D type jag replica and a few others running the event. Must be a case of who you know I suppose)

Pete was giving his car it's first run since its total rebuild and had some misfiring issues which will be sorted in the next week or so.

The last run up the hill was a bit exciting with the rain though.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Great to see you using the 40 in hillclimbs Ricky, it must be an absolute buzz using the car in this way. I hope to do the same with mine once sorted.

Actually, I don't know if anyone else in Oz hillclimbs their 40, do you?

Cheers

Bill.

Hi Bill,

There are a couple of 40's doing the speed event series here in WA. Mine and Peters as noted above, Cosi brings out his twin turbo GTD from time to time and there are a couple of DRB's that occasionally have a run.

The speed event series is based around hill climbs and track sprints at Barbagallo and Collie (Against the clock with up to twelve cars on track at a time depending on the event)

It is a great series and gets a really good turn out of competitors -up to 140 at some events - and as there are no sheep stations at stake every one can have a go within their self imposed limits.

We were again not allowed to run in the round the houses (because the cars are replicas, which is contradictory to the D type jag replica and a few others running the event. Must be a case of who you know I suppose)

The D type was allowed because it is based on a XK jag Chassis and peroid components, I know this because I spat it at the VSCC. Although
if it is based on who you know then Lance will be running his car as Ed Farrah who is helping him is the VSCC President.

The Guy in your pic of the Orange smashed open wheeler is my Brother inlaw (Black jacket).
It was great to hear Peter's kind comments regarding the DRB's pleasing body shape and good chassis design. I'm looking forward to catching up with him again at the next GT40 meeting.

Back