Asiana crash insights

Dang Mike....... Thanks for your input and that comment from your friend, knowing you and what you do I will comment you can fly me any day anywhere

Interesting stuff Mike. The autopilot "training" thing lines up with what happend here does it not?

BTW: I HAVE flown with Drew before....It was in his 427 Cobra....and *NO* I don't want to be in a plane with him! :tongue2:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Just when you think you have seen it all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1JYHNX8pdo]Asiana Pilots names from KTVU News - YouTube[/ame]

This is a real broadcast from a local TV ststion here in the SF bay area. Yes they really are that stupid.

That broadcast is going down in prankster history (some news director was not paying attention) ..... Ho Lee Fuk......Howard.

And NO the crash and the loss of life was not funny. So don't get your panties all in a bunch.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Typical of the standard of journalism and reporting these days. The stupid women didn't get it even when reading it out loud.
They have since apologised.
I can imagine some young bloke who came up with the names, laughing his head of at his bosses for reporting that.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I would venture to say at least 40% of us are pilots, some private and some pro but all of us that fly know the cardinal rule when flying which is keep your airspeed up on approach and keep the vasi lights in the correct order. These guys totally screwed themselves with all those passengers on board. STUPID

(Oh and by the way, I forgot to say, "god bless the press". WANKERS!) Amen! Those idiots!

Stick them in a glider, only one chance to get it right/wrong. I believe that after the stall/spin accident that happened to a French airliner all the pilots of that airline were sent on a gliding course to teach them the basics of stalling/spinning etc.
It is one of the fundamental rules of flight, airspeed. And whilst learning to fly gliders may moons ago this was drummed into me at the first opportunity, that and lookout.
Is this the result of the computer era? That they don`t develop a "feel" for an aircraft or maybe a big airliner has no "feel"? I don`t know, never having flown one?

Got sent these.
Asiana ,this is 5 of 33.

Attachments

• GetAttachment 1.jpg
    GetAttachment 1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 152
  • GetAttachment 2.jpg
    GetAttachment 2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 162
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 156
  • GetAttachment 4.jpg
    GetAttachment 4.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 156
  • GetAttachment 5.jpg
    GetAttachment 5.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Stick them in a glider, only one chance to get it right/wrong. I believe that after the stall/spin accident that happened to a French airliner all the pilots of that airline were sent on a gliding course to teach them the basics of stalling/spinning etc.
It is one of the fundamental rules of flight, airspeed. And whilst learning to fly gliders may moons ago this was drummed into me at the first opportunity, that and lookout.
Is this the result of the computer era? That they don`t develop a "feel" for an aircraft or maybe a big airliner has no "feel"? I don`t know, never having flown one?

I have several air line pilots as clients.
Some I would fly with some I wouldn't, When you fill the brake master cyl with power steering fluid I know we are in trouble .

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Apparently the NTSB's latest findings seems to confirm all the previous postings in this string, characterizing of the training and piloting in this incident.

You don't say? Surely it can't be true? OH MY GOD!

why do I feel the need to say OH MY GOD so often these days?

Back