Alright, Lola Wheels, what is the deal?

So I'm reading on another thread that has a huge amount of thread drift and find this picture of Lola wheels and the comment Lola Wheels in the Making. What is the deal?

Ron
Ron,
The wheel centre in this photo originated from myself. The centre was taken off an original MkII Lola wheel, and still has the correct part number cast into the rear spokes.

I was planning to produce some for sale, but am waiting for replys. I haven't heard back yet. A lot of time went into producing the tooling to produce this wheel to make sure it was dimensionally correct.

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Mark,

we have been moving house and shop and not as available as usual.
Also new phone numbers and servers to deal with...bugger!!
You have a PM.too.

T70 MK II rear wheel (15x10) same outer appearance as a front (15x8)
T70 MK III rear wheel (15x12) fronts the same as MK II
T70 MK IIIb wheels
T333

Attachments

• tires 001 (Small).jpg
    tires 001 (Small).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 746
  • tires 023 (Small).jpg
    tires 023 (Small).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,424
  • magpost.jpg
    magpost.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 696
  • 69_lola_t70_dv-06_HHR_e07 (Small).jpg
    69_lola_t70_dv-06_HHR_e07 (Small).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 680
  • SVRA Atlanta Historics 2005 019 (Small).jpg
    SVRA Atlanta Historics 2005 019 (Small).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 691
Darren,
Didn't pick up earlier, but is Dymag producing the IIIb wheels for the continuation cars.

The photo is not too clear so I can't see if its the original profile.

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I've been at "The 'Ring" for the C.E.R race all w/end. But yes, Dymag are producing the wheels for the Continuation cars, and VERY nice they are too. But I'm very glad I won't have to be paying for a set.......

Darren

Ron Earp

Admin
I've always thought the Lola wheels looked a little like these - from a IROC Camaro from the middle 80s. Sure the number of spokes is wrong, but on quick visual inspection it can pass and I bet it'll look good on the car.

Ron

Attachments

• 01010001020701041220070624b18fe083a527b30a3d00e011.jpg
    01010001020701041220070624b18fe083a527b30a3d00e011.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 515
TODAY I had my RCR LOLA wheels balanced at the UNSER RACING GARAGE here in Albuquerque. Good company...The actual wheels were
"made" from other componants (see welding marks).
CLARIFICATION: The pictured wheels are NOT the ones delivered on my new RCR Lola. I have NOT inspected "BLACK" rim wheels currently on car as to manufacturing details...sorry for confusion...

Attachments

• kilgorewheelssilver4_19_07004.jpg
    kilgorewheelssilver4_19_07004.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
PS engineering list one piece t70 wheels as I recall.

I didn't remember them selling any, or at least not when I last looked. To my knowledge nobody makes a Lola replica wheel, that is, a replica that looks like Johan's wheels. I've got BRMs on mine, John has widened BRMs on his Lola. There are some pictures of Lola Spiders wearing Halibrands, but I don't know that I've seen any Lolas wearing BRMs.

I'll probably be selling my BRMs before too much longer as we're not going to race with the knock offs. They are simply too slow to change out compared to bolt ons, and, I just feel much more comfortable with bolt ons as do my co-drivers. Besides, I don't think the SCCA will allow them and even if they did I'm sure a steward or someone would decide they weren't legal while they had to look it up somewhere.

R

I'll probably be selling my BRMs before too much longer as we're not going to race with the knock offs. They are simply too slow to change out compared to bolt ons, .

R

What do you mean too slow to change. We did a full change from slicks to wets at Donnington last month and it only took 3 of us 3 minutes:) .......

Regards

Darren

Hi - I am looking for a set of 15 inch Lola T70 replica wheels for my project car.

It is essential that they are 6 spoke, pin drive with the same dish as those in the pics.

I have a contact in South Africa who is prepared to make new ones but he needs to know if there is a likely market or even a group buy?

Would be interetsed to hear your views. Especially if there's someone making these already??

thanks Chris

ps no idea of prices yet but hope to get some info next week

Lola_Perana_3.jpg

Lola_Perana_7.jpg

hallo

mega wheels for my lola

gruß olf

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_2057.jpg
    IMG_2057.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 455
hallo chris
the tire is pirelli p zero ass. 345 x 35 15
alu cast rim orginal lola diameter 15 wide 14.5
gruß meinolf

hallo chris
the tire is pirelli p zero ass. 345 x 35 15
alu cast rim orginal lola diameter 15 wide 14.5
gruß meinolf

OK please put me out of my misery - are you saying your wheels are made by a particular company and possible to buy now?

Also the rear tyres in your picture look very 'fat' considering they are 35 profile??

thanks Chris

Back