Alright, Lola Wheels, what is the deal?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Interesting the Perana bit.

I remember warching them racing at the Fall's Road circuit in Bulawayo far too many years ago.

Now an anorack bit
Front calipers are 4 posts puchased from the Tyrrell Formula 1 team!

You may find them difficult to source

Ian

Interesting... as I have a lola tub that I would like to fit with a Capri body. I may go with a Corvair though ! Give me a green rep thingy and I promise to go away.

If anyone is interested in totally custom Lola styled wheels then let me know. They can be bolt on

I would be interested, eventually. Just not right now. And I am in SA. Do you want to PM me the wheel guy contact details for future use?

Cheers

Fred W B

I would be interested, eventually. Just not right now. And I am in SA. Do you want to PM me the wheel guy contact details for future use?

Cheers

Fred W B

Hi Fred - can't supply contact details as we are still in negotiations and we may end up with the copyright to the wheels - will update as soon as I have the drawings and more details. Looking for orders in advance as the price comes down then. cheers Chris

Interesting... as I have a lola tub that I would like to fit with a Capri body. I may go with a Corvair though ! Give me a green rep thingy and I promise to go away.

Johan I hope you're not confusing the Mercury Capri with the European one? There's a world of difference and no contest in my opinion (not humble).

Mine when finished:-

cornerview2.jpg

Mercury (never finished!!):-

1990-94-Mercury-Capri.jpg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Peranaman

That is beautiful!
And painted in the correct colours of my "schoolboy" hero John Love's team colours. (But I do not think that John ever raced the Perana cars)

I raced against John once in my career - he had come out of retirement and I was starting! Even in his later years he made the rest of us look like monkeys!

Memories
Perhaps time to convert the short amount of Cine 8 film to video and post on you tube of the Formula 1 days in Bulawayo from the early 1970's

Ian

Peranaman

That is beautiful!
And painted in the correct colours of my "schoolboy" hero John Love's team colours. (But I do not think that John ever raced the Perana cars)

I raced against John once in my career - he had come out of retirement and I was starting! Even in his later years he made the rest of us look like monkeys!

Memories
Perhaps time to convert the short amount of Cine 8 film to video and post on you tube of the Formula 1 days in Bulawayo from the early 1970's

Ian

Ian - send me the film - my video company does exactly that - thanks for the comments. The car in the picture was raced by Bob Olthoff and won everything it raced in at Kyalami, Kilarney etc. The following year they sort of banned the car as it was too quick - it was a Group 1 vs Group 5 thing (not accurate but it displaced the V8 Perana in it's current guise - I'm sure John Brits will enlighten us).

Car now makes historic appearances at race days in ZA. As does Z181 the big banger. Both cars now owned by Peter Lindenberg I believe.

My car will be a visual and almost mechanical representation of the A2 car - Lewis Hamilton can keep his Maclaren F1 - give me the Gunston Capri anyday - not long now - 4 years this month.

ps now you can see why I need the Lola replica wheels - my GT40 wheels just don't cut it.

I was thinking of this one... the Boss Capri
Sounds like a great project. Post lots of pictures !
capristrawson.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When project completed I will do a huge project section on my website with pics, diagrams blow by blow accounts and credits to all concerned - I was thinking of naming and shaming those who ripped me along the way - still pondering that..........

Keith

When project completed I will do a huge project section on my website with pics, diagrams blow by blow accounts and credits to all concerned - I was thinking of naming and shaming those who ripped me along the way - still pondering that..........

I would say only if you have a good lawyer.... :)

Attachments

• 0-0-DRM-nr3.jpg
    0-0-DRM-nr3.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 430
  • 1980-nr1%20Zakspeed.jpg
    1980-nr1%20Zakspeed.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 317

Keith

That's pretty Coool... :thumbsup: I have a mate who has got a gen-u-ine Cologne in a Barn. Like this one but without the GAA.. :)

Sorry about the thread drift - perhaps we should start a "Capri" forum..:laugh:

909663-989fc0c5-6088-499b-b1ad-795c.jpg

That's pretty Coool... :thumbsup: I have a mate who has got a gen-u-ine Cologne in a Barn. Like this one but without the GAA.. :)

Sorry about the thread drift - perhaps we should start a "Capri" forum..:laugh:

909663-989fc0c5-6088-499b-b1ad-795c.jpg

I'll see your 3.4 Cologne Capri #2 car and raise you mine - helping the mechanics at Nurburgring 2006!!!

PeterMuckeCapri.jpg

Yup we'll get kicked off this GT40 thread soon..............

ps should add - 'helping the mechanics' by keeping my size 10's out of their way whilst I was snapping away...............

Last edited:

Keith

Er, it's the Lola Forum. Your started it with your flippin' wheels. Now look what trouble you've got us into.....:worried:

Er, it's the Lola Forum. Your started it with your flippin' wheels. Now look what trouble you've got us into.....:worried:

Yes but look at the improvements to the thread already! Not to mention the increase in the flow of information.

Sure you want to try another picture for me to top???

ps nuther problem - can't get my emoticons to display in my post??

Last edited:
Back