Another WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING moment!!!

While we should keep an open mind regarding our forum debates, I think personal attacks are a bit beyond the scope of the "Paddock" intents. I have been guilty of his too, and backed off! We all share some common interests, else we wouldn't be
on this forum at all.

I never claimed him to be a known terorist just that he sides with them and appreciates their cowardly tactics (or did someone else post that as him). I have to ask why you would defend him? He was big enough to post that and attack me so let him man up and defend himself or did he just out himself and is now trying to figure out how to recant. Bring it GRAHAM I'm waiting!!!!!!! Oh and he can cry, and do all the name calling he wants; I don't have issue with that but I do have issue with what he wrote or should I say his thought process scares the he!! out of me.

Damian, that was not directed at anyone in particular, just an observation.
I'm a very conservative Libertarian, so my personal views would only result in
attacks from those that consider themselves anything but! Pointless, as we'll never change someones opinion or thought process..

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Damian,

The point is that both sides in this pontless battle commit terrorist style attacks, One side uses modern weapons for their attacks because they have them, the other used less modern weaponry!

Damian, you do realise that had you been born in Palistine, you would be siding with the other side!

Last edited:
Are you actually saying that the U.S.A. uses terrorist style attacks because if you are than you sir have just jumped in the crazy pool with Graham. We SMASH military installations NOT night clubs, schools, public buildings (twin towers). We give PLENTY of warning (even drop leaflets letting them know we are coming which I don't think we should) that we are coming and I have already gone over this so I won't bore you with REALITY. Again just what has the U.S. done that resembles anything like what this people have done? Oh that's right we blow up airliners ohh wait no that wasn't us, oh oh I know we blow up innocent people at café's, nope that wasn't the U.S.A. either. Sorry guys but you just keep proving yourselves to be chuck full of nuts!!!!!
Molleur you and I have no issues. I understood exactly where you were coming from.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
It appears to me, once again, that actions dictated by practicality has been hijacked by emotional beliefs and ideology. Now, because a person sees the pragmatic approach, which is a change from what has failed in the past, he is now supporting terrorism? How does a critical thinking mind jump over that huge span? The reason our country is in the shape it's in right now is because our leaders and electorate cannot look beyond the end of their nose (and with only one eye and a dusty lense) in addressing our problems.

Dated, but simply an example of how our history is laced with unethical actions, is the My Lai massacre. I think if we looked honestly at history, we would find that, 1) the US has done much of what it has accused others of doing, just perhaps not to the same magnitude, 2) will do anything to win the conflict...ANYTHING.

The winner never walked into an international court accused of terrorism or war crimes, only the looser. We've been blessed in our country to always have been on the winning side, but that dosen't mean we didn't commit questional actions that could only be justified in our own minds.

I'm honest enough with myself to say that if this country was overrun by another, and my only means of fighting back was to resort to tactics used by those underfunded, out-manned, and technologically backward entities we call terrorist states, I would do the same. Too many of us have it either too soft, or never hard enough to think war is a gentleman's game, and that both sides by play fairly.

Last edited:
Jim little know fact but my great grand mother WAS born in Palestine and NO I wouldn't have a different point of view as I have morals and know right from wrong DO YOU? I can't believe that ANY of you would actually sympathize with terrorists; YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!! Again I have NO issue with followers of the Muslim religion but I do have issues with terrorist organizations.

It appears to me, once again, that actions dictated by practicality has been hijacked by emotional beliefs. Now, because a person sees the pragmatic approach, which is a change from what has failed in the past, he is now supporting terrorism? How does a critical thinking mind jump over that huge span? The reason our country is in the shape it's in right now is because our leaders and electorate cannot look beyond the end of their nose (and with only one eye and a dusty lense) in addressing our problems.

Terry, you just put into a few short sentences that which I have tried to say in many more. Yours was an incisive post that shows some of the problems that we face in this moderrn age.

Critical thinking when it meets fundamentalism is like trying to explain electricity to Homo Erectus. It simply isnt going to happen.

Oh, by the way Daimen, still want to KILL THEM ALL?

Or did you forget that bit?

You are the perfect example of fundamentalism. Shoot first ask questions later. Because you KNOW that you are right. You can't even spell the word.

Please, answer the points in my previous posts. Don't think for one second that I am either:

A. An Apologist
B. A Bleeding heart Liberalist
C. A pacifist

I could go on, but you (should) get my point. I will always condemn any atrocity (including the ones that you would like to make happen) when it is affected in the name of anyone who does it for irrational reasons (and that includes you).

Please don't hide in your religious cave, hoping that it will save you from intelligent debate.

It won't. You just end up looking more and more Fundamentalist and Foolish.

Damien,

Sorry mate, but you come across as more fundamentalist than anyone I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

You are a mirror to Al Queada (sp) and Islamic fundamentalism yet you don't see it.

P.S. let me remind you I am not:

A. An Apologist
B. A Bleeding heart Liberalist
C. A pacifist

I am a REALIST....

Try that word on for size. Or try this new word I have chosen to create in my non Judeo/Islamic view of the world, I am a

Common-Sense-alist.
Yes, one of the silent majority that is as sick of your fundamentalist views as they are of the other side (or the other ten sides in your case).

Don't forget Damien you said "KILL THEM ALL" and you have yet to anwer that point.

I'm still waiting for your response. I have plenty of time and a full fridge of beer...

P.S I'll play a game of Forum Poker with you. I'll wager your faith against my facts. Hell, I'll even wager your facts against mine, and then we'll conduct a straw poll of normal decent people to decide who gets to leave the island....

P.P.S I posted this yesterday, and you have yet to address the point:-

If I take two people who follow a religion, let's say for example, you, and our very own Nick Brough, then I am worried, because Nick is capable of great unselfish compassion. A man who obviously cares deeply about all people, as his religion would expect. He doesn't EVER use words like "KILL THEM ALL".

You see Damian, it simply isn't within him to do that, let alone write those words for all to see in black and white (or whichever colour scheme you have chosen for the mighty Gee Tee Fourties Dot Com).

I am not a man of religion, but it doesn't stop myself and Nick taking the time to "befriend" each other on this very forum.

The most violent that we could ever be is to disagree about theology and ideology over a pint.

You are as fundamental as any Islamic Jeehadist. You use the same words as they do, the same terminology, and yet you are right????

you would rather glass over the pub we are in with a couple of kiltons of whatever without bothering to find out what the debate was about in the first place.

Last edited:
Once I read this "And don't give me the shit about promised land please. Show me the deeds to the land, and then maybe you'll have a point. Suicide bombers? Hell yeah! 'cos we don't have a ton of money from the US to buy F16's and M1 Abrams tanks..." You instantly became a joke and quite the terrorist supporter Graham. Way to FINALLY show your true colors. I now put you in with those terrorists and could give two craps about you or anything you have to say moving forward. You truly are the WORST type of person.

Seriously? Are you fucking bonkers? You pulling our chains right?

I would have had I not read that last post! I have very thick skin but that guy just sided with KNOWN TERRORISTS!!!!!

Are you so certain of yourself that you can actually stand by an insult like that? Not even a hint of regret? Go on, just a little one? No??

To use a popular and over used phrase: those who are naive enough to think the U.S. performs no acts that are viewed by some to be terrorist are "drinking the kool aid." The will of the people back home may be directed toward a "fair fight", but the boots on the ground are dealing with the moment to moment reality of doing their job and making it back home to see their family. You can bet your own limbs that we are committing acts of terrorism over there; it's always a result of not having the immediate ability make your move and win the battle. You do whatever you can.

All this nonsense started with and continues with two separate but simultaneous things: Israel and oil. Each one is our own doing but easy to remedy. Self proclaimed entitlement with disregard to the consequences will keep feeding this fire, however.

Off topic - after all these years, I am beginning to think maybe we should start drilling for oil here in the U.S. if we equally stop purchasing foreign oil - basically displace foreign oil with domestic oil. The reason? The same reason why it's so easy for Americans to support war. We have never fought a war on our own land like so many others have. (Ignore civil and revolutionary wars - that's a commonality amongst all countries, besides it was too many generations ago and the consequences too far gone.) Most Americans have no idea what it's like to live with oil rigs in their back yards. So... go right ahead. Let's see what you think about our oil dependency when it comes out of the ground in your neighborhood and not over in another country. It's easy when the mess is made somewhere else, be it oil or war.

Hey did any of you watch the medal of honor ceremony today. Know who was behind that attack fellas THE TALI BAN. But yea lets just legitimize them. Oh and I always mean every single word I write. Now my KILL THEM ALL comment was directed to wards the Tali ban and ALL terrorist organizations. I find it gut wrenching that any of you would legitimize them. You all are what is directly wrong with the world. You reward irrational murderous behavior (and again not one example posted about U.S.A. terror attack but hey I know you guys have nothing to back your selfs up) and are actually Foolish enough to think that by doing this you will create some sort of peace. Talk about believing your own B.S. You want to talk about common sense why don't you show some. On what planet is what you wrote O.K. because last I heard the innocent citizens of the U.S.A. and others are still being attacked for no reason but yea lets legitimize them.
Graham reading comprehension is obviously NOT your strong point is it. I never said ANYTHING negative about Muslims (actually I have claimed it to be a beautiful religion) or the Muslim people as a whole where as these people have condemned ALL citizens and people other than themselves so just how am I even remotely similar. I want to wipe out terror and those that practice it NOT the innocent people. You sir are delusional and should seek help FAST!!!!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Graham, Chris, Mark,

I'm afraid that this discussion has given us a small peek into the emotions that drive terrorism. That somone can be so absolutly sure of one side being right, and so blind to the fact that the other side feels just as right.

"KILL THEM ALL" seems like just the next step in a logical progression.........Then it starts again!

I find it gut wrenching that any of you would legitimize them.
Posted by Damian

Damian we are not legitimizing them, they are dispicable terrorists, we are just adding you to the bunch!

Last edited:
Hey did any of you watch the medal of honor ceremony today. Know who was behind that attack fellas THE TALI BAN. But yea lets just legitimize them. Oh and I always mean every single word I write. Now my KILL THEM ALL comment was directed to wards the Tali ban and ALL terrorist organizations. I find it gut wrenching that any of you would legitimize them. You all are what is directly wrong with the world. You reward irrational murderous behavior (and again not one example posted about U.S.A. terror attack but hey I know you guys have nothing to back your selfs up) and are actually Foolish enough to think that by doing this you will create some sort of peace. Talk about believing your own B.S. You want to talk about common sense why don't you show some. On what planet is what you wrote O.K. because last I heard the innocent citizens of the U.S.A. and others are still being attacked for no reason but yea lets legitimize them.
Graham reading comprehension is obviously NOT your strong point is it. I never said ANYTHING negative about Muslims (actually I have claimed it to be a beautiful religion) or the Muslim people as a whole where as these people have condemned ALL citizens and people other than themselves so just how am I even remotely similar. I want to wipe out terror and those that practice it NOT the innocent people. You sir are delusional and should seek help FAST!!!!

And there you have it folks.

I'm throwing in the towel on this one. Damien speaks as if it was only him or his nation that has been hurt by terror. Most of us sane people know this to not be true. As a nation we have been invaded more times than I would care to shake a stick at, bombed within an inch of our collective lives during WWII. We have lived through the time of IED's on home soil. I have worried for my father in Warrington as the IRA bombed a shopping centre. And so it goes on.

Damien, I bow to your greater intellect.

There are none so helpless that will not help themselves.

Graham, Chris,

I'm afraid that this discussion has given us a small peek of the emotions that drive terrorism. That somone can be so absolutly sure of one side being right, and so blind to the fact that the other side feels just as right.

"KILL THEM ALL" seems like just the next step in a logical progression.........Then it starts again!

Jim, so true...

Jim so that there is no misunderstanding are you actually defending the actions of a terrorist organization? Just how is my wanting to wipe out terrorists akin to mindset of terrorists that take joy in KILLING NON_COMBATS meaning INNOCENT CIVILIANS. I couldn't be farther from that point of view but you two on the other hand are far closer than maybe you realize. Graham why do you insist on generalizing my SPECIFIC attack on terrorists. Have you taken your meds today?

Last edited:
Back