anyone know this car?

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Way over priced. The engine is a $4,500 302 Ford Racing crate engine (nothing too special) and the Audi boxes are cheap (like, $250.00) compared to the ZF box (think $7,500). The guy took the ZF box out and likely sold it for a bunch of money. After selling the ZF box I doubt the fella has more than $80,000 invested in it. I would expect this car to sell in the range of $70,000 to $75,000.

The CAV monos are nice cars and definitely worth $70,000+ for a really nice example. You won't be disappointed, for the right price.

on a CAV, is there a way to tell which are the non mono cars vs which ar the newer mono cars...maybe by chassis number? I am pretty new at looking at CAV

Buzz

OK, cool, very helpful. Is there a time line on the different ugrades from the old CAV to the new one? I guess what I mean...do all the new MONO cars from CAV have all the ugrades done that are listed on the web page? My concern, I don't want to buy a used one and spend a bunch of money doing upgrades and wind up paying the same as a new one. Been there, done that with my cobra. If it is gonna cost the same in the long run, I think I will just buy a new one. But I need to know how to tell long distance:rolleyes: If I could know that car #XYZ has all the goodies, and car # TUV has some of the goodies and #ABC has none of the goodies...that would go a long way. And with the used car dealers out there trading this stuff for a quick buck not knowing crap about the car they are selling...this would go a long way.

thanks again for all the help

Buzz

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Buzz, there is a really long list of upgrades from the early CAV cars to present. Some are somewhat essential, most of are just nice to have, some are totally frivolous. A comprehensive analysis would require a significant amount of information about the exact current condition of the car, and, then a lengthy dialog around the key upgrades - it's a big topic.

For the price of this used car it would probably be advisable to go see Roy at VIP Classics in San Diego and talk with him about a new car. With this route, as you say, in the end you may have a car which is less expensive and hasn't been monkeyed around with by prior owners...

BuzzMarr said:
OK, cool, very helpful. Is there a time line on the different ugrades from the old CAV to the new one? I guess what I mean...do all the new MONO cars from CAV have all the ugrades done that are listed on the web page? My concern, I don't want to buy a used one and spend a bunch of money doing upgrades and wind up paying the same as a new one. Been there, done that with my cobra. If it is gonna cost the same in the long run, I think I will just buy a new one. But I need to know how to tell long distance:rolleyes: If I could know that car #XYZ has all the goodies, and car # TUV has some of the goodies and #ABC has none of the goodies...that would go a long way. And with the used car dealers out there trading this stuff for a quick buck not knowing crap about the car they are selling...this would go a long way.

thanks again for all the help

Buzz

Buzz,

From what I can tell, all of the upgrades mentioned here:

http://www.cav.co.za/modifications.htm

are new developments incorporated into the latest offerings. They are listed
for the sake of owners of past offerings who might wish to upgrade their cars
to current specs (where possible).

But, call or email Roy at VIP. He can answer things in detail.

Ian

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Buzz, there is a really long list of upgrades from the early CAV cars to present. Some are somewhat essential, most of are just nice to have, some are totally frivolous. A comprehensive analysis would require a significant amount of information about the exact current condition of the car, and, then a lengthy dialog around the key upgrades - it's a big topic.

For the price of this used car it would probably be advisable to go see Roy at VIP Classics in San Diego and talk with him about a new car. With this route, as you say, in the end you may have a car which is less expensive and hasn't been monkeyed around with by prior owners...

Back