Anyone know what this is used for? I am looking for a digital mockup program to try different paintjobs

Last edited:
Those are 3D models which can be used in programs like Blender or Fusion 360...there are quite a few to choose from, a couple free, most not. If you have no experience with 3D modeling I wouldn't use these. Model rendering and texturing is not easy to pick up on a whim. Your best bet would be to trace the views you want in a free paint program like Krita and use that to try on paint schemes you want.

I tried the free model out, but it was full of holes, flipped normals, and other problems when I imported it. May have just been my program, but I gave up on using it pretty quick.

Those are 3D models which can be used in programs like Blender or Fusion 360...there are quite a few to choose from, a couple free, most not. If you have no experience with 3D modeling I wouldn't use these. Model rendering and texturing is not easy to pick up on a whim. Your best bet would be to trace the views you want in a free paint program like Krita and use that to try on paint schemes you want.

I tried the free model out, but it was full of holes, flipped normals, and other problems when I imported it. May have just been my program, but I gave up on using it pretty quick.

Ahh okay thank you. I'm still on the lookout, then, for a rendering program that will realistically project different paint schemes onto an SL-C body (r at least a generic Group C car. Probably tough to find but it doesnt hurt to broadcast out anyway

Back