Anyone producing convincing looking GT40 chassis?

It's much easier to keep focused on the end goal if you have some kind of GT40 stareing at you everytime you walk into the garage. My Tornado might not be perfect but hey I am living the dream, I own a GT40
Trevor,
It seems with your circumstances you've answered your own question. We all have different priorities and resources in life. I would not be ashamed to have a GT40 kit that isn't as original as someone else's. Be thankful that you have a GT40 replica period. Most people won't know the differences between replicas. Push ahead with your Tornado build so you can enjoy it before you are too old. Driving it will be as much fun as the build.

Trevor,
It seems with your circumstances you've answered your own question. We all have different priorities and resources in life. I would not be ashamed to have a GT40 kit that isn't as original as someone else's. Be thankful that you have a GT40 replica period. Most people won't know the differences between replicas. Push ahead with your Tornado build so you can enjoy it before you are too old. Driving it will be as much fun as the build.

AMEN!

I would agree with that. Plus if you still want a SPF in the future, you can sell the Tornado. It will be worth a lot more finished anyway.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Fore what they cost, you can buy an SPF or RCR that can be built into a track monster and blow everyone's doors off, and still have half a million dollars in your pocket to trailer it around, buy CAM2, and stay in very nice hotels at the end of each track day. HM cars cost more than anything except a sixties period car, which would not be an ideal track car anyway because they are so valuable. I'd buy an SPF series R car and install a monster engine and built up ZF. HM cars cost $600K last I heard. Way too much IMHO.

Original

Define original.

These machines were handcrafted to the extent that exactitude of components and assembly methodologies differed from car to car.

The only element of commonality was that these cars were fabricated to win.

Any revision, in the course of, or after initial fabrication, was to achieve the goal of winning.

I sincerely doubt that any of the initial fabrications are truly bolt for bolt, contour for contour, identical.

Even verification of an initial fabrication necessitates the expertise of Ronnie Spain or those few who have dedicated their lives to studying and understanding all of the variations.

Don't attempt to achieve originality where there is none.......focus on the interpretation of the concept which you can afford, one which will be admired, not only be yourself, but by those who appreciate and respect your dream.

Back