Anyone recognize this chassis...?

I was wondering if anyone has seen this particular type of chassis configuration before, note the rear suspension setup (captions to follow):

1427 - Front view, note the missing suspension points on driver's side.
1428 - Close-up of passenger-side front suspension.
1429 - Close-up of front. Radiator pipes integrated into the spine.
1430 - Close-up of front passenger side.
1431 - Close-up of front driver's side. Note that the two front support tubes
have been removed.
1432 - Rear cradle details, any ideas?
1433 - Any ideas?
1434 - Rear view of chassis.
1435 - Close-up of engine mounting brackets.
1436 - Looking aft at the rear cradle area. Battery location indicated on
driver's side.
1437 - Front view of chassis. It appears that two supports linking the front
to the windshield area have been removed...
1439 - Front view of chassis. Note the modification on the driver's side
sponson.
1440 - Rear view.
1441 - Another view of rear suspension mounting (driver's side).
1442 - Another view of rear suspension mounting (passenger's side).
1443 - Close-up view of what I suspect is a shortened version of the
upper and lower link mounting bracket...?
1444 - Close-up of rollbar.
1446 - Dry fit of sponson on driver's side.
1447 - Dry fit of sponson on passenger's side.
1448 - Note the optimistic race stool position, vroom :)
1449 - Showing the modified side with the sponson.
1450 - Sponson dry fit on unmodified side.

Any suggestions, observations would be greatly appreciated. I'll go into the history into this a little later.

Regards,

Rick (F3L)

Attachments

• DSCN1427.jpg
    DSCN1427.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 877
  • DSCN1428.jpg
    DSCN1428.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 837
  • DSCN1429.jpg
    DSCN1429.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 811
  • DSCN1430.jpg
    DSCN1430.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 794
  • DSCN1431.jpg
    DSCN1431.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 797
  • DSCN1432.jpg
    DSCN1432.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 791
  • DSCN1433.jpg
    DSCN1433.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 801
  • DSCN1434.jpg
    DSCN1434.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 800
  • DSCN1435.jpg
    DSCN1435.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 805
  • DSCN1436.jpg
    DSCN1436.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 787
  • DSCN1437.jpg
    DSCN1437.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCN1439.jpg
    DSCN1439.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 774
  • DSCN1440.jpg
    DSCN1440.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 778
  • DSCN1441.jpg
    DSCN1441.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 751
  • DSCN1442.jpg
    DSCN1442.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 777
  • DSCN1443.jpg
    DSCN1443.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 770
  • DSCN1444.jpg
    DSCN1444.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 742
  • DSCN1446.jpg
    DSCN1446.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 759
  • DSCN1447.jpg
    DSCN1447.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 765
  • DSCN1448.jpg
    DSCN1448.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 755
  • DSCN1449.jpg
    DSCN1449.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 745
  • DSCN1450.jpg
    DSCN1450.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 743
Has some in common with the Sabre, but does not appear to be one ... based on the three chassis I've seen including mine.

Thanks for the reply, Mike. I'm wondering about the rear set-up, I think the chassis came from Florida originally so this might be an Intregrity Coach Works set-up.

I read somewhere that they were working on using Nissan mechanicals, I believe it was Ian that mentioned that, if I recall.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well done Rick. You just saved yourself about a year of cutting and welding, along with a few months of engineering. Looks like my days of lone Ottawa GT40 cruising are numbered. :)

Oh, and while your "racing seat" looks up to the task now, once you've got some more serious propulsion, you may want something with a tad more lateral support. :D

Well done Rick. You just saved yourself about a year of cutting and welding, along with a few months of engineering. Looks like my days of lone Ottawa GT40 cruising are numbered. :)

Oh, and while your "racing seat" looks up to the task now, once you've got some more serious propulsion, you may want something with a tad more lateral support. :D

Thanks, Mark!

One thing I'm doing is measuring everything and transposing into CAD, I'd like to have it as a blueprint online so I can fiddle with it using SolidEdge... :)

Definitely doesn't look like a Sabre. Here are a couple of Sabre rolling chasis pics

Attachments

• 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 737
  • 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 680

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Its a KVA chassis..... check here for reference photos.....

Build Photos

It also looks like its incomplete and the wheel mounting positions are different, although there were type A, B and C KVA chassis I suggest you e-mail Kevin Saunders (his build site shown above) and he might be able to help.

I'm also searching for different photos of the different KVA chassis......

Found a bit of 'history' here....

The GT40 Replicas

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy, you are a scholar and gentleman :)

Yes, I concur after looking at Kevin's pictures that it is a KVA chassis, albeit with some weird-ass modifications...

I'm going to take your suggestion and e-mail Kevin for more info on his build.

So now, who's got a set of front and rear suspension bits for a KVA for sale?

Rick
If I remember correctly Integrity had purchased all of he molds, tooling etc. from KVA, so you probably have an Integrity chassis based on the KVA. I think that some of the chassis was re-engineered to take Corvette suspension pieces, and the rear of this chassis looks to be set up that way. I remember seeing an Integrity chassis and the rear had very short aluminum radius rods with Corvette uprights, all rubber bushed. The front end had proprietary wishbones (The upper at least) with corvette uprights. I think I grabbed some literature at one time some years ago at Carlisle, I will try and find it and get some specs.
Cheers
Phil

Rick
If I remember correctly Integrity had purchased all of he molds, tooling etc. from KVA, so you probably have an Integrity chassis based on the KVA. I think that some of the chassis was re-engineered to take Corvette suspension pieces, and the rear of this chassis looks to be set up that way. I remember seeing an Integrity chassis and the rear had very short aluminum radius rods with Corvette uprights, all rubber bushed. The front end had proprietary wishbones (The upper at least) with corvette uprights. I think I grabbed some literature at one time some years ago at Carlisle, I will try and find it and get some specs.
Cheers
Phil

Thanks very much, Phil. That seems to correlate with what I've got. Push come to shove, I can always change it back to original Type "C" spec, depending on whether I can obtain said Type "C" suspension bits..., any info/pics you have would be great, much appreciated :)

I am building a Kva with C type chassis, and i think thats what yours started out as, any help i can give just get in touch, i will be making up some front wishbones that are adjustable because the standard ones are two inches too wide? regards Alan.

I am building a Kva with C type chassis, and i think thats what yours started out as, any help i can give just get in touch, i will be making up some front wishbones that are adjustable because the standard ones are two inches too wide? regards Alan.

Alan, just PM'd you.

Rick

Rick,
I have a pile of old KVA parts...they are going in the trash unless you want them.
Call me....

Arrgh, Fran, I guess I missed you at the shop, I called at 1600 hrs this afternoon, anyway, I'll call you tomorrow morning but please don't throw anything away yet :)

Thanks for the heads-up.

p.s. I tried PMing but your in-box is full apparently...

Thanks for the tip, Ian.

To all, I've received a wealth of info since starting this thread, thanks to everybody who's taken the time to document their chassis and forward to me.

Rick (F3L)

Back