Are the Russians coming?

Steve

Supporter
Well, God knows they couldn't have signed up Greece for any economic purposes. Only a true dumbass would have done that. Wait....

Keith

Don't speak to soon Bob, I hear that the admission of Russia to the EU is being discussed as we speak.

Remembering that the EU was set up primarily to counter US trade embargoes, in theory, that leaves only a single country that may not be invited....

I wonder......

:shifty:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Remembering that the EU was set up primarily to counter US trade embargoes, in theory :shifty:

We Americans are our own worst enemy....we try with the best of intentions to help when we recognize inequities around the world and ended up becoming the self-appointed bullies of the world. No wonder that almost the entire European continent has banded against us...

Doug

Keith

We Americans are our own worst enemy....we try with the best of intentions to help when we recognize inequities around the world and ended up becoming the self-appointed bullies of the world. No wonder that almost the entire European continent has banded against us...

Doug

Dear Lord, have they Doug? That's shocking news! I thought I'd made that up! :laugh:

No, seriously, that was one of the original motivations from the prime movers: France & Germany, but now, well it's become like a boys little club. I wouldn't worry Doug, most of them would faint if a Nimitz Class Carrier and it's support group sailed up any of their rivers ....

And as for acting in concert, well, I think the UN is TRULY united by comparison! Any political or socio economic group involving the French will have a French centric outcome or motivation, which rather nullifies the whole concept of a United Europe don't you think?

PS I am a committed Francophile, but French politics? That's quite another matter.

Doug

Not all of us in Europe are against you Doug, but I think some of your politicians do make mistakes - as do they all, whichever country they come from including here in the UK.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not all of us in Europe are against you Doug, but I think some of your politicians do make mistakes - as do they all, whichever country they come from including here in the UK.

Chris, you have just won the master of understatement award for 2013. Well done:thumbsup:

Back