Audi 016 Pinion Bearings Needed

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Thanks Charlie, I phoned German Transaxle who rebuilt it 15 years ago and spoke with Scott at Advanced Automotion the front pinion bearing hasn’t been available for a few years. I would convert to a 01E box but my 015 has a 322 R&P and limited slip installed by German Transaxle. I thought I would post my need in hopes someone had a set.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Jim. Do you happen to have any numbers on them. I have a buddy that bought a large batch of obsolete bearings. I would be willing to check his stash if you happen to have a number.
Regards Brian

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Brian, the one I can’t locate is front pinion bearing FAG 549677, the porsche 944 bearing I thought would fit but OD is 3mm to large.
Regards, Jim

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
For what it may be worth, I have many times sourced replacement bearings for various assemblies by going to a Bearing House (dealer). Literally every time I have come away with bearings that were better quality and less expensive than those available from the OEM Assembly’s dealer.. For example - the last time I needed bearings to rebuild a Ford 9” differential, I bought them from a bearing house for something on the order of $12 a bearing rather than the $25 the Ford Dealer wanted.
You may find laser etched part numbers inside the inner bearing race or close to the edge. Same for the outer races.
Good luck!

Back