Audi RS4 V8

It is roughly 23 inches long, 29 inches wide, and 21 inches tall. That height is an estimate and probably does not include the pan. It is wetsump in the RS4, but the R8 has a dry sump setup. That would be the better way to go. Very expensive motor new, but I have seen them (and S4 motors) for sale out of wrecked cars.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Simon

It would fit. I have often thought of fitting one into a TS40.

Might even use one in the Carbon Mono demo car.

Andy

hi, this is exactly what i plan to do, to build a car, a ts40, with an audi v8 engine, a lot of work, need´s drysump, and more space around, this engine is bigger than an us-v8,......

sorry andy for my speachless last time, i know, some of my parts are lying around in your company, i will write you a mail, i had a bad headatack last year,14 days in hospital and a free-flyth with an helycopter, and the other time we must work on these jet-ski´s, at last we winn an worldchampiontitle last year, so the times change to a better future, i hope i had more time to build my ts40,........in future

TEAM JUST (austria)

Attachments

• DSC00047_resize.jpg
    DSC00047_resize.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 487
  • DSC00044_resize.jpg
    DSC00044_resize.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 968
  • DSC00045_resize.jpg
    DSC00045_resize.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 676
  • DSC00046_resize.jpg
    DSC00046_resize.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 725
  • DSC00042_resize.jpg
    DSC00042_resize.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 526

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Just

Yes your parts are still at the factory. I noticed them again just last week.

Glad you are well again.

I would be interested to see detailed pictures of your drive train installation.

Thanks

Andy

ohh,......thank you tom,.......yes, my head is okay, i hope so,.....hahahah,......my heart makes problems,........hahahaha,.......english is a heavy language,.......

hi andy,.....thanks, in moment we made an adaptor-plate to build on the gearbox to the engine, after we look if we had enough space into the frame to build all inside, needs some weeks to do that, if im am ready i send pics, if we must change something, i send you the infos about,.......
motor is from audi A8 with 300hp, gearbox is from porsche 996,.......

TEAM JUST

Just,

Why didnt you use the audi gearbox?

this is a switched porsche gearbox, so the shafts are in the right position, not to low, i think, and with the audibox i cannot switch the box and the shafts are to low in position,........and it is not easy to get a shiftbox from an audi, the most are automatik,........and for the porsche box we get all parts we need from an friendship racing team,......

could be a fail, but i think it is okay for me

just

Interesting pic of an rs4 engine with front cover off.....blimey!

is this an new FSI-Engine ?????

the whole motor is an part of art,.........i wonder what technikal is in this engines for a only-street engine,.....and there are much engines to buy around from wrecked cars for less a money,.....they sell complete engine-packs,......but it is not the right engine for a gt-40,.....i know it,.....i know it,......but it is much easyer for me to get parts, tuneup, and infos about,.........

and in moment i can not say if it is possible to build this engine into a gt40,.......i am at the beginning,.....hahahah,........will see,......

just

My buddy Ingo works on RS4's all the time. He does tons of VAG work in his shop here in Vancouver, BC.

From what I've seen in his shop... he's had a few cars in where they just drop off a roller and a motor (RS4) and get him to assemble a car (bringing car/engine from USA as parts). The cars are usually dismantled by monkeys (really!) and most of the connectors are damaged. One of them had a cracked sump.... wow the price on that. Even if you get a motor for $1000 chances are you're gonna be buying $5000-10000 in parts. These are very complicated motors. I'm guessing you'd have to run aftermarket fuel injection/ecu on them as well as the factory ecu probably won't run without dash cluster, trans ecu, etc, etc. Some of those ecu's/modules are $3000 a piece!

Kronenburg Management Systems - Engine Management Systems by Devil-Developments

They are running everything under the sun with their engine management system. You can literally stick any motor under their system in whatever chassis you want.
Look at all the VAG & Audi stuff they got on their dyno! kronenburgautosport's Channel - YouTube :thumbsup:

Forget about carbs - that's dinosaur tech.

Last month he installed a APR supercharger kit on a customer's car. It went from fast to stupid fast.

Back