Australian Members

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hello Guys,

I am in Brisbane, QLD.

I wanted to know whether there are any car shows with these GT40s up around brisbane somewhere, even if its just outside of Brisbane. Are there any meets or anything or even track events where you guys take them out here?

Would like to see one of these in person. My wife was out the other week near cottonvale (Warwick) and she swears she saw a GT40 behind her, ofcourse, it may have been something else.

Thanks Guys.
G-

George,

May I suggest, in the nicest possible way, that you peruse the various posts on this site.

You have unfortunately just missed the McLeans Bridge show at Lakeside (about 10 40's).

Perhaps googling GT40's in Aust would lead you to the QLD Club, who seem to fit your requirements very well.

Go well.

Clive

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thanks guys.

Is there a specific place on this forum that would share whats happening where in terms of racers, meets and so forth aside from club GT40 which seems to have things posted?

Last edited:
Hi George
You could try contacting DRB which trades as GT40 Australia they are in Yatla about half an hour south of Brisbane. They gather for a BBQ on Saturday's, I joined them once nice folk. And there were a few 40's to look at.
Contact details on attached photo.
Woody.

Attachments

• IMG_1637.jpg
    IMG_1637.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 300
Just a tip... They've moved! Only to the other side of the motorway though.

I'd give them a call first...

G'day George

We have an active group of GT40's in Brisbane and surrounds
As Flatchat suggests, please keep in touch with our web site or better still become a member and keep up with direct emails
Matt has given you the next function at Qld raceway if you want circuit participation in the GT40 and Cobra challege or just join the show and shine.
For the Cobra's sake I hope it is a hot sunny day where they will fry their brains and the hard tops of the GT40 with their air con, leave them for dead
Joking and dreaming

Wayne
Needing more HP

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
An interesting pic there Woody --note the GT (DRB #1) that had an engine fire and the Hazchem and no smoking sign

DRB Sports Cars

5/12 Maiella St,
Stapylton QLD 4207

Phone: +61 (0)7 3807 2480

Fax: +61 (0)7 3807 1923

Email: [email protected]

flatchat
That car just happened to turn up on a transporter the day I was there. Nice car but I dont think I will be using foam air cleaners though:huh:

Back