Bentley Speed 8 replica

Looks really nice Trev, body looks grand, nice job. Am I not alone in thinking the chassis rear end looks like it lacks a little in the torsional rigidity stakes or am I looking at it like a piece of farm machinery??
Would fly with a decent engine in it

I agree, that chassis looks like it couldn't hold more than 200hp. Nice looking body... the chassis? Not so much...

All Videos have been locked ; now you need autorisation for watching ;
They probably have sell 124,6 chassis and bodywork this week and do not need more advertisement . ha ha ha !!

If they need some modern chassis I know various molds avaible LOL !!!!!!

Attachments

• coque carbonne.jpg
    coque carbonne.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 1,130
Last edited:
Isn't this the video?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBfNkjrKqrU]Aeromaster Sports Cars-A kitcar made in Bulgaria - YouTube[/ame]

It says it is by aeromastersportscars and isn't locked for me.

Michel, what chassis is that for? It is beautiful. Who makes it?

Hi Guys

My name is Joey,and I'm the guy made the Aeromaster LMP. I'm also a Gt40 forum reader for a while although almost post nothing :)

Here's the story:
Before 5 years, I decided to build my car from scratch. My dream was to build a unique one-off Lemans style kitcar, since there is no body kit with a pure LMP style in the kitcar market. I spend a long time to choice a beautiful and stylish LMP body to get inspiration, at last I gain inspiration from the 2003 Bentley EXP Speed 8 LMP prototype, as the car presented the modern LMP style and has very sexy body lines.Since the car is our first projetc car ,I admit there still has shortcoming on it and many job to be finished to be perfect. At this moment we are setting a V8 Audi 4.2 engine in the car.

Personally the building project and the car was my dream. I financed it every cent by my self for 5 years. I don't expect to make the big money from the selling(I have other business), but would like to share the passion and the car with all of you as a I'm a GT enthusiast also.

To Michel: Sorry that missed your call.

To Svsgt1: I 'm waiting from our agent for the a optimal shipping price to FL.

Regards

Joey

Last edited:
Hello JOELEE

That's a very good decision to post there !!
I apologise if I have writed any hard word but you have to understand that during my(quite long) carreer in building racing cars( 40 years) and helping companies in building kit cars by the past I understood that there are 2 sort of people ;
The ones who dream and neither reach their dream and substantialy sometimes take profit of people
and others dreaming but working hard to make their dream real and your are to be proud to be one of these !!
I have tried to read as much as I could about what you did , watching so much details possible on your project and have to congratulate about what you have been able to create during all these years .
Effectivly there are somme areas ( chassis and some suspensions details) where it is understantable that you need to get more run test to improve all your tecnology ; but that's the normal life in cars I guess !!
A french word says ;" Paris ne s'est pas fait en un jour"
My telefon call was to ask you some important questions concerning the reason you choice to built a single seater , a light chassis , etc because watching your project I had immediatly a contact with well known people
friend's of mine who works in ACO and French federationracing cars to show them how such a specific project can be inteligently promoted !!

Congratulations again about your excelent work ( specially your Bodywork) and the fact you have not hesitate to post there to show who you are
and hope to talk to you soon
Michel

Welcome Joey,
Nice to see you put your money where your dreams are. You are off to a good start and with dedication will have a fine product if you can make the rest of the car match the fine work you have done with the body. We will be looking for future posts and wish you well in bringing your dream to others.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Your approval really make me motivated!

Michel, Compare with your 40 years racing car building experience, I have too much things to learn from you,also thank you for contact the ACO and FFC.
I'm here ready to learn more and get more experience exchange with all of you. :)

As most of the suggestion here is the intensity of the chassis, I have attached a chassis design pic, you can see it clearly, all comments are welcome. I know the carbon monocoque is the best choice, but first is out of our budget, second I can not buy it just from Ebay...LOL.

Attachments

• chassis 00_2.jpg
    chassis 00_2.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 1,018
Hello I just have at phone Joe and had a very nice and interesting conversation:
seems that passion still exist into courageous young people beside our difficult european situation of economical crisis
Congrats to him and his team and all the hudge work they did !

In fact tnow I can more understand why the chassis "seems" light ; the purpose of the car is only track day car and fun for one driver so not necessarly needs lot of power ( big engines etc etc) to get interesting feeling!!

OK this is a restrictive market but existing for sure !!!!
And there are many others solutions too to sell more cars of this type !!!

Good luck to them !!!

The inside width of the cockpit(left door to right door) is 115cm, actually the car can be mount with 2 seats, but due to the top and side shape of the cockpit, it goes very narrow for 2 men. and make me remember this picture.

Attachments

• 917 lega.jpg
    917 lega.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 606
This project is an swedish project and probably nothing to do with the new bulgarian project ?
This one is an 2 people car
Aeromaster is a single seat car
I know the swedish guy, he make a big effort too, we have contacted eachother before years. The remarkable thing is that the guy do all the things and every single parts by only himself...:thumbsup:

Hello Joe
This is the reason why I was asking you at phone if you had redo your molds !!
Originally I was thinking your project to be born from that one and I did not understood why today your level of bodywork was completly different and higher !!! LOL

Did you followed any rule ( ACO or ELMS or whatever) in drawing your chassis ; means dimension of inside cokpit , doors , front crash box or is it complete self determined choice of feet position,rear diffusor etc etc

Thank you for your word, just for information:
Using the 3d wheels and the reference photos, we were able to shape the 3d car body in a very accurate tolerance. Of course, it's not possible to create 100% same shape as the original 3d CAD model made by Bentley, but I can say that the proportions and shape of our CAD model are 95% accurrate. But on our website we claim just about 80% accuracy to the original car, because we also made some minor changes in the design, such like: few removed wings, air intakes, a fuel cap hidden under the engine cover, side mirrors moved closer to the driver, etc...,

By different with the body work, the chassis is totally designed by us, no official FIA rules followed
we designed the chassis to fit the body work.

Ok

what I did some years ago in a Gt prototype ; chassis was done with very fiew square tube like yours but I covered both sides of tubes with Carbon fiber panels and a core of light honeycomb in beetween and all this stuff bonded with 3M structural bond ;
from outside the tub looked like a carbon one and stiffness increased 30 /100 more

My 2 cts
If not asking too much could you post some views of front and rear uprights ???
Thanks

Back