Best idea. Ever.

Because Canada is in America - as in Norteamérica.

How to spell Canada (in Canadian):
C eh N eh D eh

Hmmm judging from the American flag I see in your signature I can see you are from "You Ass Eh" Ha me so funny, and BTW I AM CANADIAN. :laugh:

Soon, very soon............

Btw, where's the 917 militia on here? I know Randy's friend has one but he never posts ... as well as 2 or 3 in Europe.

Don't tell me they're all snubbing me because I put the right engine in it :laugh: (you guys would not believe the actual hate I get IRL from porsche fanatics. At first they're like "ZOMG! 917/!11!!!!!!! What 200hp 6-cylinder porsche engine are you putting in it?", then I tell them an engine that makes a shit load of power and torque and has actual reliability and they're like 'ZOMG!!!! F-YOU!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: ') Lol

Katech built LS3 stroker

If you want power and cheap then a good old Chev V8 is just a no brainer. I have a 911 turbo with countless mods on it that makes over 600 HP at the wheels but think about the fact that you can take an Ultima GTR or a SLC and bolt in over 800hp for mere peanuts. If you want to go a wee bit crazy you can have well over 1000 hp reliably on pump gas.

I am not a fan of American muscle but it really hard to fault the LS series engines for being able to make power. You could not make me trade my Porsche for a Camaro, a Mustang, A Charger or even a Vette. But slap a nice bowtie aluminum block V8 into a Ultima or SLC and then you have something that makes me smile.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Yah know Alex for a LEETAL bit of MOOLAH, I bet Kaase will make that Boss flat for you ya. Then you'd be creaming your jeans.

Yes (although I'm not too sure what we're being clear on)

I just think it's very important for someone who has a stake in something makes it very clear to everyone else who they are. When you jump on a forum with one post to defend a comment, even if in jest I think it's best to clearly state up front who you are, others might not have made the connection.

Yah know Alex for a LEETAL bit of MOOLAH, I bet Kaase will make that Boss flat for you ya. Then you'd be creaming your jeans.

Mmmm, Kaase. :drunk:

Although I'd like a kajillion hp I'm trying to keep this build fairly straight-forward - hoping for no fitments issues or others (e.g., cooling) since most go with the porsche 6-cylinder.

Alex,
I admire your thick skin :) Although there are several other reasons leaning me towards the SLC, the engine/hp issue with the 917 is ONE. I'm certainly not a hater for choosing Chevy over Porsche for power. The LS is a lot better supported than a Cayenne turbo and a lot cheaper than a Flat6. I have several Flat 6 in my shop ranging from the fun 2.7 to a 3.6 and 3.3TT, but none of those equal better performance/maintenance/cost issues to justify its small weight/packaging advantage.

Just for clarification, your not referring to Kaase of Ford fame are we? Though I don't think my version of 9.2L Kaase would fit in the back without disturbing the weight balance :)

But a car with this much aero and tires, just needs more than a 3.2 Carrera motor can deliver. Kudos for an awesome build, even if it needs radiators!

Just for clarification, your not referring to Kaase of Ford fame are we? Though I don't think my version of 9.2L Kaase would fit in the back without disturbing the weight balance :)

9.2L ..... Kasse ....... 917 ................Fran!!!!!!!!! IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex, you are on the right track. You're using Power By Ford...But I'd still rather have a GT40...

Well, that just makes Fran's version look overpriced. I knew he had "Apple" like mark up, but really that is nearly 40x not 40%. ;)

Back