Best Looking non-GT40

Jaguar XJ13 - Pretty and not gunked up with stuff.
222-1.jpg

Chaparral 2D.
chap-2d.jpg

All the new cars look the same.
smile.gif

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: Joe LaFives ]

Sorry... I must have missed something here?

It must be that US/British language barrier again!...

In the UK, a sleeper is a lump of wood that holds rail tracks in place.... and I can openly (stupidly?) confess that I have no idea whatsoever what a 'sho' is (other than its a sleeper)

How about enlightening us poor linguistically challenged Brits!

Neil

G

I test drove an SHO before I bought my Stealth. The one thing that really sticks out in my mind was how horrible the torque steer was in this car. The Probe GT had almost no torque steer (maybe because it didn't have much torque:)

But to say it looks good, I'm sorry but I can't go with that one. The Stealth/Mitsubishi 3000GT look much better and are quicker and have far less torque steer. But none of the 3 mentioned here, all be they good cars, don't holds a candle to the cars mentioned earlier. I love my Stealth, but a McLaren F1 or Jag Xj220 it ain't; nor is a Taurus IMHO.

Hi boys,

Sorry guys, this is not much GT40 related: I am in process of buying a Taurus SHO 1990.
Engine looks nice. Any chance this will be a classic in 20 years?

Or salvage it and make a replica GT40 (although transverse setup?)

Jukka

Lots of really fantastic cars picked by you guys. Has anyone had anything to do with a Noble M 12 GTO? Seems to be a really nice car for the money and got a good write up in Sports Car International. If you factor in money this car at $60,000 looks pretty good.

Ron Earp

Admin
Salvage it. At least if you are in the US. There are lots of these around, and good cars too. They do have a cult following and there are boards devoted to them.

But realistically production volume was high, performance was eclipsed by other cars soon after the introduction and they're still a basic sedan.

Nice motors that respond well to forced induction though.

R

How about this little beauty:
45_640.jpg

This is a quote from the first highspeed shakedown:

2002-11-14
High-speed tests.

On Sunday the 10th of November 2002 Koenigsegg conducted the first high-speed tests at the Nardo/Prototipo high-speed track.

The tests were kept unofficial in spite of the high media interest due to the risks involved. Koenigsegg rented the 12km long track exclusively with a medical team for a few ours in order to set the car up for future speed records.

Test driver Mr. Loris Bicocchi conducted the first shakedowns of the car and he was very satisfied with the preliminary results.

Unfortunately it started to rain one hour into the tests. However, before a too heavy rainfall, Mr. Bicocchi managed to drive 365 km/h according to company measurements, which was not pushing the car to full speed - only a shake down run!

Koenigsegg now feels more confident than ever that the car will be able to reach the acclaimed top speed.

Christian von Koenigsegg:

-This day was a very important milestone for the CC. It has shown us what it really can do and that it truly is a Supercar. The car performed very well at these high-speeds and was able to maintain cool in oils and water over a long period. We will keep on pushing the borders and within short we feel confident that we officially will be the fastest production car in the world.
More info and pictures at the Koenigseggwebsite.

Here's one that seems to have gotten missed.
The Jaguar XJR-15.
I was lucky enough to see one across the way @ Gordon Levys shop, and it was stunning.
It had to be to pull me away from a shop filled with Cobras and a 40.
John

personally i dont think the McLaren F1 is all that good looking. and i think the GT40 by far is the sexiest car made...mmmmm

but if we cant say the 40, there are only 2 cars in the world that can compare

1. 66' fastback...oh god id kill myself to own one..mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
2. 32' ford roadster....just cool

Front engined?

Cobra. 289, 427, Roadster, Comp, S/C whichever. It's easily the most beautiful, scary, menacing car to ever take to the street. The reason it's so beautiful? It's imperfect; the lines don't match up from side to side. The car draws your eyes to it because it's just not right.

...or the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish.

Well, either that or a 67/68 GT500. Not the Eleanor version, the original car.

Mid Engined?
Nothing is as pretty as a GT40, especially the Mk I.

...That's not to say that I wouldn't take a Saleen S7 if someone discounted it about $300K...

Your pal,
Meat.

Something cool but a bit obscure... the Tatra MTX Supersport

132135-5.jpg WIDTH=942 HEIGHT=376>

[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: F3L ]

Back